Our Vacation Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I've been to that same bar in Arkansas.... didn't realize it was a tourist attraction...
    I wasn't until we got there. We stayed there at the HIE again on the way back after telling the GPS to take us through the woods from Wichita Falls, TX and come in from the south. I was shocked at amazed, the uhhhh "rustic" stuff runs right up to the airport in Little Rock. All to say, there is no urban sprawl in Little Rock. Like...none. And all of the commercials on the local morning TV news is for farm equipment, big stuff. Combines and crop chemicals and stuff. They don't even advertise any ambulance chasing lawyers. A very unique market, I'd say.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

It was fun watching all the unprepared tourists driving around the train station at the canyon knowing they were never going to find anywhere to park.
      Which is why I went in January - avoided the crush of idiots and the heat. I stayed overnight in the El Tovar (only hotel open there in winter) and ate in the dining room with the bus tourists from Japan and France. Being one of the few 'Muricans there felt kind of strange, but a cute little French brunette came over after supper and tried her broken English out on me for a half-hour while we drank coffee and had pie. That is my only "international experience".

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

Which is why I went in January - avoided the crush of idiots and the heat.
        It was nice on the rim, about 90 I think. It felt like springtime here without the humidity. But the talkers said it was 110+ down on the canyon floor by the river. It was a luxury to stand way up there looking way down at it and believing it.

Comment

Glad to see y'all out and road tripping, hope to see you soon. Grand Canyon, that was a good trip.
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
            Glad to see y'all out and road tripping, hope to see you soon. Grand Canyon, that was a good trip.
            Four weeks out, we'll run Red at Rockingham. If he survives that we've got a grudge race to attend to don't we? Meantime just come see us if yawnt to. Call us from the driveway. Big Dave is threatening to come some time or another after he gets all of his trees stood back up after the hurricane.

Comment

Oh, and after that ride I declared Bluebelle deserves a washing and waxing. Our first pass through Texas I deducted we'd killed all the bugs in Texas with our windshield. There can't be any more left. On the return trip, I was wrong. Unit tried to make a video at the motel in Wichita Falls but she didn't quite catch the action. There was a crow touring the parking lot hopping up to eat bugs off of the car grilles.

In the 9 years since her birth I've never waxed Bluebelle. So now it's down to clay bar and wax. So far today I've got the hood and front quarter panels done and I'm looking up numbers for detailing shops. That's way too much ungratifying work. WAAAAY too much physical labor. I can easily reach well past the center of Red's roof standing on the ground and he's a half acre less than Bluebelle so it doesn't seem like such a big deal to do it.

Yeah, pay 'em. But I know they won't clay bar her and she absolutely needs it. So I see what the next week or so is gonna be - chip away at it. OW.
              Last edited by pdub; September 15, 2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                ... front quarter panels ...
                Pdub - your good with graphics - can you show me what front quarter panels look like?

Comment

I'm always amazed at what get lots of attention on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                    I'm always amazed at what get lots of attention on the forum.
                    Sorry Steve - just trying to have some fun with Pdub. I still can't remember if bluebelle is a pickup truck or a fusion.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Pdub - your good with graphics - can you show me what front quarter panels look like?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Quarter Panel.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	1306249

Comment

Name:	CF6880E9-4CE9-4819-9C92-CBA02B3A7D6D.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1306259

Comment

Here is pic and still don’t believe I got it, thanks Pdub for the lesson guess I’m not too old after all.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

I still can't remember if bluebelle is a pickup truck or a fusion.

Name:	P1020151.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	1306266

I labored with a clay bar and wax for 71 hours today. Doesn't her hood and the two things that go around the front wheels and the passenger door look great? Just say yes. PLEASE say yes or I'll stop right there and not rub on her for the rest of the month. OW.

Comment

YES....here's some music for inspiration:
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                                YES....here's some music for inspiration:
                                Thanks Patrick, that'll do it! Maybe I'll get two more doors done today.

And it made me realize, we were in Arizona and we didn't see this kind of cactus. Now I think they're only Hollywood props for videos and Roadrunner episodes.

Name:	Cactus.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1306280

Comment

Working...
                                X