Wire Terminal Crimper Directions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire Terminal Crimper Directions

I got all the stuff to replace Red's shot-and-worn-out battery cable terminals. The conventional terminal wire replacement kits I looked at didn't have allowance for all of the wires I have so I ordered parts and tools to go another way. It'll probably look stupid but it'll work. Cutter, crimper, wire terminals.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crimper.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1307151

The punch line here is the directions that are on the label on the crimper handle. I'm being very careful to type them in here verbatim:

1. The pressure meet terminal must select and use appropriate terminal specification first being put into use coordinating the correct implement again when being put into use.

2. Revolution retinue pressure model arrives at correct location.

3. Retinue pressure model specification must be going to identical to need Pingqi who plasec

4. Pay attention to the original place placing the latch be obliged to, can be put into use just now

5. Do not fall again please

Well alrighty then. Yep, got it!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

My best guess is computer translation, or they use low bid contract. Isn't the race to the bottom grand?
      Last edited by Russell; October 4, 2021, 10:33 AM.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Translate into chinese on google translate, cut, paste to a google search, then google translate it back....
        1.压接端子在使用时必须先选用合适的端子规格再配合正确的器具使用。 2. 旋转左右压力模型到达正确位置。 3. 左压型号规格必须要相同才需要平气谁plasec 4.注意原先放置插销的地方,方可投入使用 5. 请不要再跌倒

1. When using crimping terminals, you must first select the appropriate terminal specifications and then use it with the correct appliance.
        2. Rotate the left and right pressure model to the correct position.
        3. The left pressure model and specifications must be the same before the flat air is required.
        4. Pay attention to the place where the bolt was originally placed before it can be put into use
        5. Please don't fall again
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

now it makes sense... lol.... isn't that great?

from that above...
          1) Use the correct die for the wire
          2) make sure you put the dies in the correct position
          3) the dies must be the same
          4) twist bolt (which I think are those tabs that hold the dies in place)
          5) good luck you God fearing American, will will destroy you with bad directions
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 4, 2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

The one guy on the site who reads directions on a nut pincher and you guys are giving the chinese a hard time?

I think we're looking up to the bottom.

(hope my humor translated there, was trying to be funny. Looks like somebody literally translated a post it note their boss put on their hutch. It's probably not Chinese, it's Vietnamese and was probably in French to start with??? )
            Last edited by Beagle; October 4, 2021, 10:50 AM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              The one guy on the site who reads directions on a nut pincher and you guys are giving the chinese a hard time?

I think we're looking up to the bottom.
              we? I've found that he who complains is the worst offender.

Did you bring the dip this time?

Comment

He who complains the loudest is probably the guy who was informed via post it note to be more careful? :P
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

The scary part is before I got retired my job was to WRITE directions! Ohhh the corners I got into trying to name the parts of machines that had no name. I wrote, "The spinning balls flare out and expand the lip on the metal cap to..." The first guy who read that said, "Well, if your balls were spinning, they WOULD flare out!"

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

The scary part is before I got retired my job was to WRITE directions! Ohhh the corners I got into trying to name the parts of machines that had no name. I wrote, "The spinning balls flare out and expand the lip on the metal cap to..." The first guy who read that said, "Well, if your balls were spinning, they WOULD flare out!"
                    it's a valid point

Comment

My Dad was a Designing Engineer,
                      he told us of "Dumbing Down" a Tech Manual of a Radar And Missile Launch System to a 8th Grade Reading Level for the US Military........This Chuckle Head could start WW3.......at a 8th Grade Competency Level ?!!!!

​​​​​​Also, my nephew took Japanese in college as a minor, he is a Engineer.
                      He is NOW working in Japan as a Tech Manual Translator, but most of his day is as a Teacher of ENGLISH to the children in the employees children school !!

Comment

So now that we got the directions figured out let's see some pictures of the new wires!
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

He who complains the loudest is probably the guy who was informed via post it note to be more careful? :P
                          I have issues with postit warnings - seems they never stick to what is being warned about... granted, it's right there on the floor after the badness happened....

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                            So now that we got the directions figured out let's see some pictures of the new wires!
                            Patience. The hospitals are full of them.

I'll do that when we get back from the track day at Rockingham. Right now Red will crank. As soon as I start that job he won't and I don't want to risk it. I've seen me "work on" stuff before...

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                              How about a pic of the existing setup? I assume this is OEM and it's the stupidest mess of a junction I've ever seen (somebody please post a pic of a stupider one). Look at all the wires going to it and it's held on by that little nut that's supposed to move that little wedge to squeeze the battery connection on the post. The little threaded rod that holds the little nut is broken loose underneath so the whole thing spins around when you try to turn the nut. Did I say this is stupid? Well, this is a stupid application of a pregnant design.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery Terminal.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1307222

Comment

Working...
                              X