No announcement yet.

Wire Terminal Crimper Directions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****Make sure you don't order your First Aid Kit from the same place, you'll have long since bled out before you read & understand what to do with the contents

Comment

I just use my vise to squeeze on battery terminals. Much simpler. Good luck - yer gonna need it.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        I just use my vise to squeeze on battery terminals. Much simpler. Good luck - yer gonna need it.

Dan
        I think my vice would fly offa there in one of the curves on a race track.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Ahh the downside of worldwide commerce. I recall with much pain and anguish working with some of the Japanese folks when I worked at Honda..... the languages are so completely different there are quite often not words that really "fit" or adequately describe what they are trying to convey.
          Anyway
          Good work buying "the right tools for the job" hopefully the crimpers work allot more effectively than the instructions!!!

Years ago the Ididit folks (right down the road in Tecumseh MI) put on seminars on saturdays and had some neat folks come in, Fatman Fabrication, American Autowire, and others.
          The American Autowire guys were all about having the proper crimping pliers - and they were down right against soldering anything for any reason ever.
          Of course they wanted to sell you their preferred crimpers - but they did make a heck of a good argument for using quality wiring components (like weatherpak stuff) and using really really good pliers to perform the crimping.
          I still haven't bought a really good set of crimping pliers, or an assortment of weatherpak terminals - it's on the list.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

I think my vice would fly offa there in one of the curves on a race track.
            thus you must use the power of duct tape. (or duck tape for when you must keep a duck quiet during a ducknapping)
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Seems like a lot of stuff you see now is using Deutsch connectors?? No idea what/if there are advantages over Weatherpak ??

Finnegan has been pimping for this Co for some time......

WireCare is your online wire & cable management superstore. We have what you need for connecting, harnessing, & beautifying all of your electrical projects. We carry the highest quality tools & accessories including Techflex, Deutsch, & Pressmaster.

Comment

The wiring snobs these days say weather pack is not good enough. I don't remember what the "cool kids" are using DT connectors?
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

My soldering gun is my friend.

-----------------

Randomly found on internet:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Do not dumb here.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1307268

I was so charmed by this, I printed it, trimmed w/ a scissors to make it more level, and made it a sign for my shop.

Later it occurred to me that one of my daughter's friends teaches English/Japanese, and I had her ask about it. Turns out it's just a sign meant for a dormitory and is supposed to say "Do not dump here", meaning don't leave your trash. I liked my interpretation better.

We always have the story of an old friend who pre-internet translator participated in the construction of a Japanese amusement park who was kind-of appalled by some of the English on the signs and material they were producing and offered to be a translation "final adjuster". There was a meeting about it, but after a review of their process they determined they were doing a satisfactory job as-is and didn't need her help.

Turning an ineffective translation back into its' original language then re-doing with a better translator, pretty smart if it works.

Comment

This was at the Airport in Japan..... Click image for larger version

Name:	facebook951518628150160.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1307285

Comment

I'm starting to actually get ready to cut wires. I'm shopping around for some kind of a cover for the positive terminal if I ever somehow manage to get all of this put together.

Name:	P1020202.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1308149

Name:	P1020203.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1308150

It's gonna need something bigger and weirder than a run of the mill terminal cover. I haven't looked much yet and I don't think this one will do it. Besides, if I was to get this one and put it on there, I'd never be able to remove it again, not ever. It says so right on it.

Name:	Battery Cover.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1308151

Comment

This stuff has gotta go. What does this stuff do besides look pretty (or it used to)? Some of it had electrical tape wrapped round and round it. Parts of it are brittle and crumbling. Am I going to have to go looking for some more of this stuff when I get finished?

Name:	Wire Covers.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	1308156

Comment

as much as it pains to recommend a sponsor*.... https://www.wirecare.com/category/br...lit-tube-wraps

totally tongue in cheek - I don't buy from them often but what they carry isn't junk, and if you don't have developed resources; they are a great option for wiring stuff
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 21, 2021, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            as much as it pains to recommend a sponsor
                            Thank you SBG! Soooo I SHOULD put that stuff on there to protect the wires, correct?

Comment

Got the negative side done! Those crimpers we made fun of are really cool. A specialty tool that works for sure. Dan Stokes, I couldn't mash the connections in a vice because the wires are in the car.

I don't want to risk way too much success in a single day so it's quittin' time and cookin' time. Here's the before on the negative side:

Name:	P1020204.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1308163

After:

Name:	P1020208.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	1308164

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Thank you SBG! Soooo I SHOULD put that stuff on there to protect the wires, correct?
                                yes, it keeps things neat and protects the wires from damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X