X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed !

With a All Day Rain, decided to start on the
    Thunderbird 390 V8 for the 66 F100 Project

Had the short block from the Machine Shop on the engine stand since February.

SO HERE'S WHAT I NEED !
    A Head Bolts Set !!!
    Calls have resulted in, Delivery around December 20th, from multiple sources.

I will accept a GOOD Gently Used Set
    But I Don't Want Studs. (With Studs, you can't get the heads off as the Shock Towers and etc are in the way)

So please search your Coffee Cans, I can live with 3 of the Long Head Bolts, as cleaning up the existing set, as 2 have questionable conditions

Thank You.

expensive...but there they are

If you'd been working on a Chevy, I could be more help, I have lots of them.
    Last edited by squirrel; October 7, 2021, 04:00 PM.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Thank You,
      But those are IN Worse condition than the ones I have.
      BUT, I could pick out 2 from that bunch than could clean up.

Comment

ask vtjunk if he has any? he's posting an FE build in the project cars forum right now
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          ask vtjunk if he has any? he's posting an FE build in the project cars forum right now
          You tree'd me. I was thinking the same thing. Or maybe John (Milner351) - he has lots of Ford stuff though I don't know about his FE head bolt stash.

Dan

Comment

if theres no specific "shoulder" to locate bolts in hole,
            can you just take your samples to a 'nut & bolt'
            specialty store and run grade 8's? just an idea....

Comment

you might reach out to htrdharley on here - he is a big FE guy

Comment

Thank You All for the suggestions.
                There are a couple sets on FleaBay,
                But two are IN questionable conditions, and one is a complete set, but asking $$$$$ for a Good Used Set.

VTJUNK responded that he will check his NOS (Never Out of Style) parts bins.

So by tomorrow, I will decide to bite bullet and buy that $$$$ set out of California on FleaBay.

Comment

Captain: Do you need the short ones, long ones, or BOTH?

Lot of 10 bolts. NOS parts in the original boxes. May have some light cosmetic surface rust from storage which will clean up.

4-1/2" long from the underside of the head.
                  1/2-13 thread

=======================================

Comment

I can get a full set, brand new, high tensile, about $40 for the set. Ordered today, should be here Monday or Tuesday, then however long it takes to get them to you by UPS or whatever.
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Ok, looking at the pictures, looks an awful lot like valve cover bolts. Might be just a generic picture, or might be listed wrong. I’ll cover it and see what gets here on Monday if you want.

edit: Cross referencing the part number on the interwebs brings up EBay listings for head bolt sets with the exact picture I got.

854015 is the part number I got.
                      Last edited by tedly; October 8, 2021, 11:07 AM.
                      I'm probably wrong

Comment

I went back out to the shop and Got you the two lengths. Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2501.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	1307481
                        ​​​​​​​ There are five of each per head, So 10 shorter bolts, and 10 long bolts for BOTH HEADS TOTAL.
                        The bolt is 1/2 sae course (13)

Comment

$40.00 for one head, or both?
                          even at $80.00 for both for NEW ones is cheaper than $170.00

Comment

I posted this in my previous post above, (#9) might have missed it?

it contains 10 of each length, so a full set for both heads, $57.23, stock in NC & MI

https://www.npdlink.com/product/bolt...er-head/145036
                            Last edited by Tubbed Pacecar; October 8, 2021, 08:42 PM.

Comment

TUBBED,
                              I Did miss this !!! DAIMMITT
                              I would have ordered it a few days ago.
                              Opened the one and it was OEM boxes set of 10 long bolts.....and missed the second, !!
                              I am using my phone 90% of my time on Bang Shift. Small screen.....

let me get a hold of Tedly, and see if he ordered the set he found.
                              I can order this set direct.

Comment

Working...
                              X