Finally in the 12s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally in the 12s!

The Falcon has been mothballed for a few years with a broken trans. It's always been a fun street car but every time I go to the track it gives me trouble. Part of getting back to doing car stuff again was to get a good transmission in it and go through the fuel system, brakes, new tires, etc. Went to Lebanon Valley Dragway on Saturday and went 12.53 right off the trailer, with an .042 reaction. I messed with the carb but went the wrong way and slowed down, so I jetted leaner and the last pass I ran a 12.44 @109, 7.95 1/8 @ 88mph. Of course the car had to be difficult, and I found out when I went to make my first pass that the tach was dead. Shifting by ear it went a full second quicker than it did on it's last runs in 2013.

Recap, the car is a 63 Futura hardtop, has a mild 289 I built in 2008 with a Dynamic C4 manual trans, 2500 converter, and an open dif with 4.10s Click image for larger version

Name:	received_578752640215599.jpeg
Views:	183
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	1307601

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1633989733036.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	1307603Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1633990016207.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	1307604

Comment

sweet..............

Comment

LOVE IT! well done indeed! Being back in the saddle is the greatest win of all.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Looks great ! Glad its running great again .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

man, that carved out rear wheel well, and mismatched rims with chrome rear steelies
              is just screaming 'stick a straight front axle in me'....

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                man, that carved out rear wheel well, and mismatched rims with chrome rear steelies
                is just screaming 'stick a straight front axle in me'....
                Been that way since 1970 when it recieved a built Boss 302 and 727 auto via an Eelco adapter plate. "Baddest MF'er around" according to the old guys that remember the car from the 70s.

Comment

Makes me want to get the falcon out of the barn and build it. Maybe when my kids are old enough to help, need to give them more "car kool-aid" my 7 yo daughter asked the other day when I was going to give her another mig welding lesson.
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                  X