FedEx Delivery Delays ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FedEx Delivery Delays ??

Are any of you getting CRAPPY delivery times via FedEx ?
    Here's my Beef. Ordered parts in two different calls from Summit Racing Saturday the 16th.
    First mid morning, some push rods. Summit said parts in stock, will ship Monday. ETA Thursday.
    Second order, later in the afternoon the Oil pan. Same, in stock Ship Monday/ETA Thursday.

Wednesday Buster Brown delivers the Oil Pan a day early. OK the "Auto email" shows that the push rods are coming FedEx, still ETA THURSDAY. Thursday and Friday came and went........still no push rods. Tracking shows they have been sitting in Madison Wisconsin since Wednesday afternoon.

Talking to a neighbor, he paid a extra $41.00 for "Guaranteed Next Day Delivery" from Rock Auto, to arrive on a Thursday so he could get his pickup ready to go on vacation. Thursday and Friday came and went, Parts showed up the next Week Tuesday, and "NO REFUND" on the Overnight Delivery Fees !!!

I am now on orders, "No Ship FedEx Please",
    Please USE "UPS" or The US postal service.
    ​​​​​​

Don't watch the news much? Delivery of ANYTHING in the country is slowing down for a multitude of reasons. The Port of Long Beach isn't operating 24/7, the train companies have no freight cars because they are parked on sidings waiting to be unloaded, the US is short 80,000 truck drivers, unions are walking off the job over jab mandates, and the cardboard box makers are running short of recycled cardboard so products that are ready to ship have to sit because there are no boxes. There are other reasons, too - some expected, some not.

This is happening BY DESIGN, because the powers that be WANT shortages right now. And most BS'rs already know this. But you can do something - raise hell with anyone that has power - local, state, federal. We don't have to take it.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      Don't watch the news much? Delivery of ANYTHING in the country is slowing down for a multitude of reasons. The Port of Long Beach isn't operating 24/7, the train companies have no freight cars because they are parked on sidings waiting to be unloaded, the US is short 80,000 truck drivers, unions are walking off the job over jab mandates, and the cardboard box makers are running short of recycled cardboard so products that are ready to ship have to sit because there are no boxes. There are other reasons, too - some expected, some not.
      Yup.

This is happening BY DESIGN, because the powers that be WANT shortages right now. And most BS'rs already know this. But you can do something - raise hell with anyone that has power - local, state, federal. We don't have to take it.
      Political BS reported.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

What I saw last week with Fed Ex was with the generated delivery estimate. It might say delivery by 8:00 p.m. today but you'd better look at the tracking. It's still 1000 miles away so today definitely ain't gonna happen.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Yesterday UPS charged me $30 extra for a little five-pound box to be delivered 400 miles away second-day air instead of three-day ground but refused to guarantee that delivery so I wouldn't say that's the way to go either. Or USPS which in our area has always been unreliable w/ parcels. I'll have a couple-hundred pounds to send there in a week or two and might just drive it myself in order to keep dates. That's getting pretty bad when a big shipping company cannot load a truck full of hundreds of boxes and get them there any better or cheaper than if people just drove them individually.

I'm not seeing design, rather basic ineptitude about how a free-market industrialized society needs to work. That's hard to do much about.

Comment

I'm still getting good service from any of the 3 major carriers. For example, I had a box of connector hoses for Truck's intercooler arrive yesterday, a day ahead of schedule shipped by USPS from an Amazon source. It might just be that SE NC is on the main routes but I'm guessing. I expect it to be spotty for a while.

Dan

Comment

FedUp is absolutely and without a doubt the utterly worst 'delivery' service on the planet. I've decided that "Troutdale" is like Oz - packages go there but never move. And heaven help you if it's inclement weather. They once stopped all operations for 1" of snow - AND would not allow people to come pick up their packages (not even the ones waiting for medicine).

As far as a refund, call FedEx, their service is guaranteed and their supposed to give you a refund if there was such - if not, call your state Public Utilities Commission and file a complaint against them. At least you'll get a refund. And - I've done this - I tell my 'normal' suppliers they have two choices, don't send it to me or don't send it FedUp. Summit, for example, has warnings all over my account to not use FedUp - and they don't. Jegs, doesn't, and I don't buy from them. Speedway, is doing better. The ONLY time FedUP now comes to my house is if I buy from someone who direct ships with them and I don't know that in advance.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Political BS reported.
                Yes - on THEIR part, not mine.

Comment

We've had the same thing in Australia. Australia Post, our USPS, stopped/refused all incoming packages for 7 days so they could clear the packages they were holding

My FedUP in Australia is a company called Couriers Please, I've seen stuff handled by them with "Out for Delivery" against it for 8 days. I also will not buy from traders who use Couriers Please, not worth my grief.
                  Tim
                  Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

Yes - on THEIR part, not mine.
                    You're an idiot.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

You're an idiot.
                      Opinions vary.

Comment

Its best to sit quietly,
                        Others may think you are a Fool,
                        Why enter the fray, and Prove You Are?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          FedUp is absolutely and without a doubt the utterly worst 'delivery' service on the planet. I've decided that "Troutdale" is like Oz - packages go there but never move. And heaven help you if it's inclement weather. They once stopped all operations for 1" of snow - AND would not allow people to come pick up their packages (not even the ones waiting for medicine).

As far as a refund, call FedEx, their service is guaranteed and their supposed to give you a refund if there was such - if not, call your state Public Utilities Commission and file a complaint against them. At least you'll get a refund. And - I've done this - I tell my 'normal' suppliers they have two choices, don't send it to me or don't send it FedUp. Summit, for example, has warnings all over my account to not use FedUp - and they don't. Jegs, doesn't, and I don't buy from them. Speedway, is doing better. The ONLY time FedUP now comes to my house is if I buy from someone who direct ships with them and I don't know that in advance.
                          Serviced by “Troutdale” here too..
                          HATE Fedup!
                          Kid ordered parts we HADTA have for a derby. Sat in Troutdale. He ordered another group of parts and had it shipped UPS.. came next day.
                          Fedup delivered the day after the derby and box was mangled!

Comment

The push rods showed up yesterday afternoon. Must have been around 3:00 pm
                            as I was at my neighbors fixing a horse stall and fences.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                              The push rods showed up yesterday afternoon. Must have been around 3:00 pm
                              as I was at my neighbors fixing a horse stall and fences.
                              Getting ready for some real horsepower, and those emissions stick to your shoes

Comment

Working...
                              X