FedEx Delivery Delays ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
    I placed an order with Summit (7.825 pushrods, holley choke kit and a few jets) on the Nov 6th. Order was filled in Ohio.
    From there it went to Whippany NJ, it got there on the 10th and sat there till the 26th when it then managed to get to California.
    Sydney AU on the 28th, in my hand on the Dec 2nd!

I did go with the cheapest shipping option, in the past they have been really good.

It got to me a week before I needed those pushrods, the boat hit the water on the 10th. Thought I'd have plenty of time up my sleeve
    I wonder how many times things which are shipped to Western Australia end up in Washington State.....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I wonder how many times things which are shipped to Western Australia end up in Washington State.....
      I'm sure a lot of stuff goes the long way to get to where it's going but at least with tracking we have an idea of where it is and if it's still moving. I did ask the shipping company why that package had stopped...it started moving again!

In about 91 I was after a set of Weld Racing Pro Stars. They were much cheaper purchased out of the US. The only place to find who sold them in US was via the magazines. So I faxed about 6 places asking for a price and shipping using the fax at work. For the next few days first thing in the morning the fax machine was like going to the letterbox, what info had come back overnight.

Then it was an international money transfer at the bank, I think it was about $1600 AUD in total. Then wait, hoping that everything happened.

Somehow I knew the day that the DHL van was to turn up so I made sure I was home, I was so happy to see that dark brown van in the driveway. I got the four boxes inside and opened one of the front wheels and as I'm pulling it out I notice that it hadn't been polished but thought at least I had them, I was so relieved, and thought I can get them polished. I then looked at the other polished side of the rim and was even more happy!
      Tim
      Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

The stuff below is pasted in from posts I made back in early 2017 to a Canadian Forum. Ordered some trim clips from a vendor in Conyers, GA, they were sent via USPS, made it to Richmond, BC in a matter of days, but stayed there for about SEVEN WEEKS.......anyways, grab some popcorn and a beverage, here we go.....

================================================== ================================================== ====================================Sorry in advance for the mini novel, just trying to paint the whole picture for what's going on, and how frustrating it is dealing with Government run Corporations.....

OK, just to set up what's coming, back in late Jan, while reading posts on a truck specific forum, someone mentioned that some trim clips they were trying to source from a supplier in the US were no longer available. Being as I actually will need some of the same clips, and had posted for someone else a few weeks previously, I found my previous post, and attempted to open the link I had posted....only it doesn't work
        Well, with a bit of digging on the vendors site, I discover that in the interim, their webpage has gone through a major revamp, so I figure I''l wait until Monday, and call to verify weather they still do (or don't have stock.
        Well, Monday rolls around, I give them a call, expecting it to be a yes, and some sort of problem with the webpage....but I'm told it doesn't show up because they no longer have stock.
        BUT, he does tell me I'm welcome to check with their supplier, but he warns me they were told thete would be no more, as said supplier had told them they were not re-ordering from the mfgr, as they didn't feel there was enough demand....
        So, I google the supplier, find their webpage, and discover they're not open Mondays
        SO, Tuesday rolls around, and I call, and YES, they have stock ATM, but again, am told when they're gone, they're gone.....so I suck it up, and order enough to top up the qty I have on hand to the qty actually needed to install the interior trim mouldings.
        My order ships out of Georgia Wed morning, Feb 1st/2017........when we're almost to the middle of the month with no sign of them, I mention this to the sender, who shortly after emails me back with a tracking number (which had not been provided previously)
        So, I check the tracking number.....

Starting on the USPS site....

January 31, 2017
        Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS,
        USPS Awaiting Item

February 1, 2017 , 12:01 pm
        Picked Up
        CONYERS, GA 30012

February 1, 2017 , 2:04 pm
        Departed Post Office
        CONYERS, GA 30012

February 4, 2017 , 6:46 am
        Arrived at Facility
        ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)

February 4, 2017 , 6:46 am
        Arrived at USPS Facility
        MIAMI, FL 33112

February 5, 2017 , 6:53 am
        Processed Through Facility
        ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)

February 5, 2017 , 6:53 am
        ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)

February 5, 2017 , 9:48 am
        Arrived
        MIAMI, UNITED STATES

February 5, 2017 , 12:30 pm
        Departed
        MIAMI, UNITED STATES

February 6, 2017 , 12:30 pm
        Departed
        TORONTO, CANADA

February 6, 2017 , 4:01 pm
        Departed
        VANCOUVER, CANADA

February 7, 2017 , 11:33 am
        CANADA

February 7, 2017 , 11:33 am
        Customs Clearance
        CANADA

Your item cleared customs in CANADA at 4:15 pm on February 7, 2017.

February 7, 2017 , 4:15 pm
        Customs clearance processing complete
        CANADA

Then, switching to Canada Post Site:

In Transit Current date
        2017/02/17

Expected delivery
        2017/02/13
        WTF??

As you can see, the package has been in Canada, and through Customs since Feb 7th/2017, but seems to be stuck in limbo??

So, on the Canada Post site, there is a way you can fill in a "Ticket" to have a late/non arrival looked into.....but when I try this, it all comes grinding to a hault when I try to put in a US Zip for the origin, and get a popup stating "Invalid Input"

So, after calling the Canada Post toll free number and exploring all the different paths I can take by pressing different numbers, I EVENTUALLY get to talk to a human......I tell him about all that has transpired, give him the tracking number....he asks me some questions......looks it up using the tracking number........then tells me there is nothing he can do from here, and that I need to contact USPS & have them investigate the matter??
        I tell him WTH would USPS get involved when the package has left the USA, and has been in Canada for a week?? He tells me that is the procedure??
        Well, even if I was to go to USPS, they in turn would have to contact Canada Post, as I highly doubt that USPS has full access to Canada Post's data, so in the end, it's just one more cook in the kitchen??

Would I be alone in thinking this is the most ludicrous Policy/Procedure ever??

So much for logic

Anyways, the package has been in Canada since the 7th (so TEN DAYS now), and it's position on the "Tracker" hasn't moved since the first time I looked on Mon the 13th

Sorry about the length, not sure there is much to be done, mostly just VENTING.....

James
        ================================================== ========================================halle...frickin....lujah!!

Well, since our last episode of "As the Parcel Turns", much has transpired, most of it more of the same
        Anyways, as the days went by, I continued to call Canada Post Periodically, and at one point was politely reminded by the young lady on the phone that this was my sixth call. To which I replied "Yah, and??" There were to be a couple more calls after this, and also several to USPS, as well as a call to Canada Customs, who told me the package had passed through their facility, and had been sent back to the Canada Post sorting facility for "further processing".
        I had also been in touch with the vendor, and asked him to contact USPS, as I had been told by the Canada Post People I spoke to that that is how any inquiries were to be done? He let me know a day or two later that he had exhausted any avenue's from his end
        So, in one last "Hail Mary" attempt, I contacted Canada Post again (which I think was maybe call #8??), and got the same song & dance from the fellow I spoke to. I told him this was unacceptable, and that I wanted to speak with someone further up the food chain. He asked me a bunch of questions, then asked me to hold the line a minute. Shortly after a woman comes on, and I explain the whole situation.... She says there is only one thing she can do (and as she's explaining, I can hear her typing the email), and that is to send an inquiry to the sorting facility, asking them to keep an eye out for the package. She even gave me a "Ticket Number", which because it was an international package their online system would not allow me to do.....
        Several days later, (Mar 20th/2017) I receive an email stating they have "Placed a Trap" (basically the tracking number has been flagged), and that if the package is found, it will be forwarded to my address.
        So, periodically, I would run the tracking number, with no change in it's status/location UNTIL TODAY (Tues, Mar 28th/2017). It now shows it has been through the Edmonton Sorting Facility & is currently OUT FOR DELIVERY!!

AND THE POSTIE WAS JUST HERE, AND HAD MY PACKAGE!!

Contents are complete, and undamaged!!

WOOHOO!!

So, to Recap:

Mailed on Feb 1st/2017 from Conyers GA

Arrived @ Canada Post in Richmond Feb 6th/2017

Item cleared customs in CANADA at 4:15 pm on February 7, 2017

Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing on Feb 7th, 2017 @ 16:15

The above bolded status is where it stayed from Feb 7th/2017 until yesterday. Today (Mar 28th/2017, when it magically jumped through the Edmonton Sorting Facility and was sent "Out for Delivery"

So, only several days short of TWO MONTHS to go from Georgia to Alberta, with a "brief" layover of almost SEVEN WEEKS somewhere in limboland in the Richmond Sorting Facility.

Ultimately, just glad it all worked out, but it sure makes you wonder WTF goes on, and where a package goes in cases like this??

Good job I was not being paid by the hour for all the time I spent on the phone trying to get someone to pursue this, would have been considerably more than the cost of the package......

James
        ================================================== ======================================

That was a huge PITA, one I hope to never have to repeat, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease! Had it not been for the fact that the clips were basically unobtanium, and if not delivered, would be (at that time) impossible to replace. Quite some time later, because of all the fellows that I notified on FTE contacting the vendor and asking to be put on a waiting list, the vendor did eventually commission a manufacturer to make another production run, and the clips are now available again, albeit at a higher price
        **Oh, in case anyone was wondering, the clips in question are for the '61-'66 Ford F-series "Custom Cab" interior door insert panel trim.

James

Comment

What about the FedEx employee that dumped several packages into a ravine in Alabama,some were ok but many were toast. Good thing he got stuck in mud or no telling how many packages would have ended up there!

Comment

So Al - did they catch up with the lazy SOB? I hadn't heard that but great if they did.

Dan

Comment

meh, I'm still winning with a package that took 3 weeks from Michigan. There is nothing easy about going out the US to Canada, when i went to Canada to get my press brake, they searched my truck, demanded a written statement about why I was going to Canada a statement on how long I'd be there (4 hours), and why I have $700 cash on me (circa 2014). When I returned that afternoon, I was basically waved through by US Customs (the feathers, pulled into Customs, they saw the gold customs tag, said 'have a nice day'.

Canada gets mad at the US then enacts really dumb laws - I imagine that Canada Post issue was another one of those.... I read somewhere that crossing into Canada from the US is harder then crossing from Mexico into the US.... my own experiences agree with that statement
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 12, 2021, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Yep they caught him but don’t know what is going to happen other than he’s fired!

Comment

Ordering anything over night, whether FedEx, or UPS means that package to be flown. If there is a delay, look at where your package is at and the weather there. FedEx Express's two major hubs are Memphis and Indy. Blizzards, or tornadoes in Memphis, means the planes are not flying. That means they are either flown out later, or put on a truck. Bitching that your packaging didn't show up because tornadoes stopped all flights across 10 states is the fault of the carrier means a lot of things.

None of the carriers are perfect. Deal with it. UPS loses crap, driver's drop crap. Get over it. USPS has major sort centers that lose shit for weeks on end. Use them when you want your Priority Mail to sit in Oakland, CA, Moline, IL, or Flushing, NY sort center black holes, if not lost permanently.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Hi Scott! Long time no see. Hope all is well in your world.

To stay on topic for a minute - I seem to have great luck with all the carriers. I don't know if it's where we live, who runs our ceters or what but almost everything arrives on or before scheduled time. Hope I didn't just jinx it..........

Dan

Comment

in the last year, FedUp has delivered once when promised (out of a dozen or some deliveries)*. UPS has not missed a delivery, and USPS as delivered several times early but never late. FedUp used to be good, they used to be the one that routinely delivered on time and often in advance. Nebraska isn't Seattle and that's something to remember because the problems are regional, not universal. I know lots of people who have good experiences with FedUp and terrible with all the rest. But that doesn't excuse them and while I understand there's a cold wind blowing up their collective skirts and freezing their lips - their service IS abysmal and the best way to save a lot of aggravation is avoid them like the plague.

*and remember that I avoid sellers who use FedUp because of the constant problems. The last delivery by FedUp left Nov. 18 from Michigan and got here 3 weeks later. 3 weeks. That was before the tornados, it was unseasonably warm everywhere east.... that is the norm. Maybe you didn't see my experience with Corbeau, I got 30% off on a bet with them - the bet was that FedUp would not deliver within 1 week of the promised date. I 'won' took them 15 days to deliver in the dead of summer from Salt Lake City (a hub) to Seattle.....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Effect_20211216_083115.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	604.0 KB
ID:	1310737

Comment

I'm still waiting for my d*mn ice skates. Gosh I wonder what ever happened to those things...

Name:	Castaway Tom Hanks.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1310743

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                            I'm still waiting for my d*mn ice skates. Gosh I wonder what ever happened to those things...

Name:	Castaway Tom Hanks.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1310743
                            he was in charge of corporate honesty - they have no reason to bring him back and substantial incentive to leave him there.

Comment

Working...
                            X