X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 z06

675 hp, NA, flat crank.... no e-diots

Doing it all wrong since 1966

and for the record, I've tree'd the front page now twice.... first with the 632, now the C8 Z06

Comment

A wicked car for sure. Mine wouldn't have the hot wheels paint but then it's out of my price range anyway.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        A wicked car for sure. Mine wouldn't have the hot wheels paint but then it's out of my price range anyway.

Dan
        I've waxed philosophical about these cars... sure, not likely that I'm going to spend the dollars for one - however, the tech trickles down to us... did you see that spoiler? that is an interesting design that could find some copy on my Corvette...

Comment

Nice track car ... what's the MSRP ?

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
            I’d probably have to sell my 55 and 57 to buy this wicked vette! For sure over 6 figures.

Comment

Originally posted by stroker al View Post
              For sure over 6 figures.
              Oh, I don't doubt that ... so, is that "attainable" ?

The most discussed point of the new engine is the "flat-plane" crank and I'm not sure what that means in relation to previous GM small-block NA motors.

Comment

The most discussed point of the new engine is the "flat-plane" crank and I'm not sure what that means in relation to previous GM small-block NA motors.

there's a brief explanation in the video - Mechanically, the flat-plane crank V8 is essentially a pair of inline four-cylinders fused at the crankshaft.. A flat-plane V8 fires one cylinder every 180-degrees of rotation, which means a primarily well-balanced crank and pistons with less counterbalance mass required.

Comment

I'm going to guess 100k but you won't find one for less then 125k. Remember these cars are a year out - they have their 2022 orders to fill. In any case, I'm sure that will be the most asked question at the chevy booth at SEMA.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    I'm sure that will be the most asked question at the chevy booth at SEMA.
                    Get a sign and just put the damn price in print !!!

Comment

Price in print is only the starting point. My bet is they will all sell well above MSRP.

Comment

ya know, there's been a lot of 'no price listed' the 1000 hp 632 doesn't have a tag either

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Price in print is only the starting point. My bet is they will all sell well above MSRP.
                          Influencers need their cars too.

Comment

8400 rpm and a 6300 rpm torque peak - it had better come with a CVT
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

So now everybody who bought a new mid-engine 'Vette and is on top of the world, will be reduced to having to look sideways at the newer/better one that's a little bit cooler...just like all the guys that bought C7's, and 6's, and 5's did once, a story of Corvettes since the beginning, There was a time after a couple good years the family was nudging me to treat myself and get a new one and I remember thinking "Yeah I'll spend a bunch of my hard-earned money and wind up just liking whatever they make next better" and that's exactly what would have happened, this being a bit before the ones with the fixed headlights came out which I really wound up thinking was more attractive at the time. Anyhow I had lots else I needed worse than a new sports car. At this point sometimes I kinda find myself looking at C8's a little one day and then thinking "what, am-I-nuts?!" the next but I am the sort of guy who if he wants something new and different he needs to get his lazy ass out to the garage, dirty-up his hands and put something together himself. New cars are for other people.

On a recent trip through L.A. during the work week (maybe 350 miles total) I thought to try to spot three different kinds of cars; "new" Challengers, C8 Corvettes, and any-other-year 'Vette. There was no point counting Challengers there were so many, then for the whole drive a total of 5 mid-engine 'Vettes commuting on the freeways and 4 others of any year. Yep, more C8's being driven into work to show off than all other years combined.

If I ever get my '72 going (hah) I'll be good with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X