Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is nothing badder than a.........................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: There is nothing badder than a.........................

Originally posted by Turbo Regal
    Watching a bone stock looking L88 Vette, Hemi Mopar or Buick GS run high tens through the mufflers on re-pop bias ply Wide Ovals.

F.A.S.T. racing is too cool!
    Agreed, Fast rocks

Comment

A B/Stock Ford 427 Fairlane station wagon owned by Chris Whitney showing half of its undercarriage and running another 10.70 and change:

Comment

A primered 55 Chevy, straight axle, nose high, lots of motor setback.

Seriously, check it out, you can see right through the engine compartment.

Comment

One of my favroite pics was from a magazine yrs ago that had a red 55 with big slicks just at the bottom of the rear quarter
          The front end was just as high with a straight axle
          There was a cute girl on the front fender with a period correct dress on and some type of floppy hat
          You needed a step ladder to get in the doors

I also love pics of old Fuel altereds all crossed up, which is pretty well any spot on the track
          Tom

Comment

I gotta agree with the top fuel dragster guys.

When I first started shooting for "Hot Rod Magazine TV" I went to shoot the Pump Gas Drags. The first thing I did was put in my ear plugs and ear muffs because I thought it was lethal loud. I noticed that David, Rob and Wes weren't even wearing ear plugs. I asked David about it and he said, "cause this isn't loud. Top Fuel is loud."

The first time I was on the line at a top fuel event, I literally thought the thing had exploded. The shock waves hit my chest so hard, I stopped shooting and started checking for wounds. I was lucky I didn't drop the frigging $100k HD camera.

Two shoots later, I took my then 15 year old son as a "PA" on a Vegas shoot and had him stand next to the line. He still talks about it.

I don't know about that smell though… I can't imagine ever liking that. Although I have seen people rush the fence at a retro drag meet as an old front engine slowly drove by, showering them with the fumes.

Must be something there, I just don't know what!

Comment

Standing between the main engines of a fast attack submarine at ahead flank. More horsepower and torque than I am allowed to talk about. Not to mention the heat pouring off of them.

...or...

Drifting a car at 140 mph on the highway...definitely not on purpose. Exciting though.
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

a dose of Carjunkieforms.............. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                  Anyone ever witness a real fire burnout?
                  yes , and it was awesome. last one was this past summer, but I cant mention the track do to the grief from the sanct body.
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
                  X