• It's 2022, what 1996-97 Vehicle Do you want to Imports

Fun game with the rolling 25yr exemption on importation:

For me it's got to be the exceedingly rare LHD Toyota Century
    Click image for larger version

Name:	toyota-century-13.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	1311636
    Japanese ultra luxury with a Toyota V12 sounds good all round.

Or the Mercedes C43 AMG Wagon

Name:	mercedes-benz-c-43-amg-kombi-2000-occasion.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1311637
    We didn't get the W202 wagon at all in the US and as much as I'd prefer the older C36, the 1996/7 introduction of the wagon/estate doesn't overlap with the 3.6L M104 I6

What 1996 and 1997 vehicles that we didn't get in the US do you want to bring over?
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Land Rover Defender
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Double Decker Bus.
      toys in the lower level,
      camper maker over on upper.
      Oh, Oh, now I need TWO.
      Camper make over lower level, and a Excellent Race Observation Area from the upper level......
      Hey Dan what Ya Think,
      perfect for LSR events !!

Comment

We have power lines running over the driveway and would have to park that bus out on the road. I was offered to drive one of those once in a sort-of parade event...with a load of people in it...no thank-you (and btw like-heck I have a license for that), I chose a fire truck instead (which I also imagine I don't have a license for).

Anyway, back to the subject...

Have never thought about importing a car except maybe a Skyline like lots of other people, or my dream Trabant. There's enough stuff in the country already for me to choose from that I don't need. However, that Mercedes wagon looks pretty sweet, I would love a nice wagon but there just isn't anything around that I'd care for.

Comment

Photobomb

Name:	photobomb6.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1311752

Comment

great year..
            I have no clue on imports.

a v8 sedan... whoever makes them.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
              We have power lines running over the driveway and would have to park that bus out on the road. I was offered to drive one of those once in a sort-of parade event...with a load of people in it...no thank-you (and btw like-heck I have a license for that), I chose a fire truck instead (which I also imagine I don't have a license for).

Anyway, back to the subject...

Have never thought about importing a car except maybe a Skyline like lots of other people, or my dream Trabant. There's enough stuff in the country already for me to choose from that I don't need. However, that Mercedes wagon looks pretty sweet, I would love a nice wagon but there just isn't anything around that I'd care for.
              Remember Dad running up the driveway, getting mom away from cooking supper. She had to climb on his loaded log truck to hold the powerlines up with a broom... did that 2-3 times and she told him to get the power company to raise them.
              she hated climbing on loaded log trucks.

Comment

Well , its taken me this long to think of something that another country has that we couldn't get . I really liked the GTO that pontiac made out of the Holden Commodore. And I really liked my 86 or 87 Elcomino , I truly think Chevy missed the boat ( you see what I did there ) in not changing the front alittle more and bringing the Holden Ute over and calling it a Elcomino .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  Well , its taken me this long to think of something that another country has that we couldn't get . I really liked the GTO that pontiac made out of the Holden Commodore. And I really liked my 86 or 87 Elcomino , I truly think Chevy missed the boat ( you see what I did there ) in not changing the front alittle more and bringing the Holden Ute over and calling it a Elcomino .
                  Yes, those Utes would be awesome to import!

We didn't even get the GTO here in Canada.

I've seen them in the US, very cool!
                  There's two that have been imported in my town- both the same colour, makes me chuckle.
                  1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                  1997 Mustang GT
                  sigpic

Comment

Hmm, yeah I wish I'd thought of the Ute. The Holden would make a better El Camino than it did a GTO, using short little 4-door-style doors on a 2-door with a back seat like Holden did there was to me a terrible idea. An adult literally cannot get into the rear of a GTO without pushing a button then waiting for the electric sliding front seat to move forward, which it takes its' time doing, then once you're back there the seat comes back toward you so the front passenger can fit. Imagine having to get out of the rear seat in an emergency. No roll-down windows makes it worse. With all that, the front seat of a GTO is still a lovely place, particularly with how well the accelerator pedal works.

The Ute doors are still the same ones, still too short (all El Caminos used 2-door coupe-length doors) but other than creating the odd pointy-uppy roofline it would work OK. Really, lt's a car I might have bought at the time. Said by someone with 2 (two) Super-Sport El Caminos so you know I mean it.

Comment

It's great when others think you made a great choice. But Loren , you ruined it for me when you noticed the used 4 door fron doors and not 2 door doors . Its ok , I'm never getting one any way . I always hate it when people weld up the rear doors on a wagon and try to make it look like a sedan delivery. Or a stay wag into a elco . Here's the worst I've seen for the most spent .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

It is starting to buckle between the door and the rear tire .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Something new popped up to drool over:

Name:	C140_600_Dunkle_Gruen_dst.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	1327161

Name:	image.png
Views:	81
Size:	511.2 KB
ID:	1327160

Name:	image.png
Views:	74
Size:	526.4 KB
ID:	1327162
                            Mercedes-Benz CL 600 W140 COUPE"LEDER"KLIMA"SCHECKHEFT" als Sportwagen/Coupé in Blankenfelde-Mahlow (mobile.de)
                            Central TEXAS Sleeper
                            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
                            X