Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you lost pictures due to Photobucket and their BS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you lost pictures due to Photobucket and their BS?

So lots of people "lost" pictures as a result of Photobucket and their nonsense antics. Me included - well, I have been able to manipulate/shorten their URL and bypass their threat screen, and still look at them at least. But have been unable to get the "download" function to actually function for the past few years although I randomly keep trying.

Tuesday I noticed they put up a new threat/hostage page. It took more URL manipulation than usual to get past.......BUT.....this time the DOWNLOAD function actually worked. AND I was able to download whole albums at a time instead of the one-picture-at-a-time that I was stuck with several years ago. You have to highlight the album by clicking on it and it should turn blue. "MY BUCKET" I had to highlight all of those pictures individually, but was able to download function them all at once as well, so still got them.

FINALLY! I rescued all of my old photos from those evil bastages!

Just wanted to share this with all of you BangShifters, I know a bunch of you suffered the same torture. Hope it works for you too!

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Thanks. I have a bunch of pix to go rescue....
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I never counted on them so I'm pretty much unaffected. I have a couple of videos on there but they can have them.

Dan

Comment

They have made it all but impossible to put them on another website......
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I can't decide if I want to bother.

Pretty frustrating experience for something that was so convenient at the time.

Thanks for the info!
          1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
          1997 Mustang GT
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teddyzee View Post
            I can't decide if I want to bother.

Pretty frustrating experience for something that was so convenient at the time.

Thanks for the info!
            X2...
            photobucket can kiss my fat sweaty dimpled white @ss at
            this point......

Comment

My first experience with Photo Bucket killed it right out of the chute. Photo Bucket came with a New Phone I did not want, remember when Google, Android, and Verizon disabled everyone's phones for their "New And Improved Network"......
              When they transferred all my contacts, emails, and photos......They sent 150 pix to the "Cloud" to Never be seen AGAIN.
              Right there at the Verizon Store while they were setting it up.
              So Photo Bucket, the Cloud, or what have you, I have disabled, there's a photo system lurking in the phone that I CAN NOT disable, but I down load my pix about once a month to my laptop, and a Zip Drive.

Comment

When PB first started their shit, I would have paid a reasonable yearly fee for photo storage - but they wanted $300 a year, which was a criminal amount and I told them so.
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                  they wanted $300 a year,
                  Jimminy Crickets. DAYum. A 5TB backup drive these days costs $130.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Never trusted them . It always seemed to good to be true for the long run . I've always just kept them on my phone .It's not like I haven't lost almost everything twice with one phone totally failing and losing a phone a year ago though . But going through text to others and photos I've put on bangshift I've recover enough that I don't cry about it . I'm glad you've been tenacious enough to keep at it and win the battle .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

forgot about that place
                      oldest is a 2004 photo

glad I already kept them.
                      told them to delete me.
                      thanks for posting.

Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Old derby site I moderated required photobucket. I had a few on there of derby stuff and had a heckuva time posting pics on a site I was moderator for So in the long run, I was ahead of the game..
                        Was lots good wiring diagrams. All lost when site owner let it lapse.
                        Y’all know it took me some time to get pic on THIS site

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

X2...
                          photobucket can kiss my fat sweaty dimpled white @ss at
                          this point......
                          Thanks for the visual - not.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Between them and crashed computers the pictures are a no win situation for me.

Comment

I have my pics on hard drives, flash drives, and SD cards, I put them on PB just to host them, still have the originals. They can kiss my pasty white gelatinous pock marked sweaty fat ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X