No announcement yet.

Daily bitch....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So anyway I'm back together this morning and ready to ride. I'm still going to have to research why those tires go in the opposite direction because it really does strike me as odd. The arrows are going the right way the pattern is just reversed from front to back.

Comment

Test ride went well, always be careful on new bike tires, bla bla bla and for some reason that reversed tire pattern appears to be normal on a bike. You'd never see it on a car.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper73 View Post
        Test ride went well, always be careful on new bike tires, bla bla bla and for some reason that reversed tire pattern appears to be normal on a bike. You'd never see it on a car.
        It’s water dispensing channels.
        Supposedly safer when riding in the rain...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

It’s water dispensing channels.
          Supposedly safer when riding in the rain...
          It just struck me as odd. If you put a directional tire on backwards with a car the tire will wear out prematurely. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered a front today so we can do a part 2.

Comment

Because inquiring minds want to know.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220123_021353.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	628.9 KB
ID:	1312612

Once the cords are showing on a tubeless there isn't much between the outside & inside air

Comment

for some reason that reversed tire pattern appears to be normal on a bike. .
              I can only imagine it has something to do with the back tire being meant to primarily pull g's in one direction, particularly during cornering, and the front tire meant to pull in the other...in each case the grooves are in line with accelerative forces then, not across. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post

I can only imagine it has something to do with the back tire being meant to primarily pull g's in one direction, particularly during cornering, and the front tire meant to pull in the other...in each case the grooves are in line with accelerative forces then, not across. ?
                Something like that. I should have bought non directional tires because the bike only has 8k on it and both tires are shot. It's just a cruiser to me.

Comment

Anyway, I took it for a longer ride today and there's a noticable difference in the way the bike corners. That old back tire had like a 2 inch wide flat spot in it that was hard to notice in the picture.
                  Last edited by Sleeper73; January 23, 2022, 02:32 PM.

Comment

YES !! YES!!
                    ALWAYS do short Test Rides, and CHECK if the New Tire is "Walking" on the Rim!!
                    My Sister in Law had a NEW Rear Tire Failure at 70+ mph. The bead walked off....Only 75 miles on it, and it was installed at the Harley Dealer.
                    A broken Collar Bone, Broken Ribs, and of Course "Road Rash".....
                    and basically Trashed the Bike !!

Comment

I've been thinking about building a little Cafe Racer in the future.
                      I noticed most bike tires these days look like they are on "backward" up front. Compared to cars or their rear tire.
                      Also noticed bike guys are in LOVE with LED tail lights, lol
                      1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                      1997 Mustang GT
                      sigpic

Comment

I give ALLbike riders a lot of respect. Anyone who rides a vehicle that is unstable, and falls over when not moving, has to be one of two things: very talented or crazy!

Neverhad one, I'm unstable enough just standing...

Comment

Loved Harleys as a kid age ten or so, it was like a dream to me when my brother-in-law (flight instructor w/ a '70 Hemi GTX) announced he was getting one. I pictured riding all over the place with him. On the way home from buying it a VW turned in front of him, wrecked the bike and put him in the hospital. He repaired the AMF Sporty w/ extended forks and exhaust and I finally did get a ride, one short one. Dad didn't allow motorcycles so by the time I was riding, generally on borrowed bikes but I did have a DT400 Enduro, I believed I'd past my best age for learning, and then there were three close calls in the space of a year or so and I figured it just wasn't going to be for me. What I did in cars back when would have ended me had it happened on a bike.

I still slow and admire some of the stuff in front of the bar at Escondido cruise night. Tempting, but no.

Comment

The bike I almost got hit on the most believe it or not was a Honda Goldwing and I did end up getting rid of it. I don't know if it was the color or the fact that it was so quiet but it was a car magnet.

Comment

It makes me wonder about the new electric bikes they're coming out with. If a little old lady can't see or hear you she's going to cut you off.

Comment

It makes me wonder about the new electric bikes they're coming out with. If a little old lady can't see or hear you she's going to cut you off.
                                They didn't see you to begin with, I lost an uncle to a blue hair - about hit him once, accelerated and literally drove into his front wheel - dragged him under the car for 2 miles before his partner could get her stopped (45 years and the thought still makes me angry). I've been hit on a bicycle by a blue hair who never stopped (how you miss a guy on a red and white bike with flashing lights who is in a bike lane.... she literally started to pass me then turned into me...) yeah.... you presume there is something to get them the hell off the road.... but no. My favorite was getting hit in the bike lane by a milf whose daughter was staring at me while her mom ran me over.... I mean, I'd get it if I was floating a stop sign, riding in the middle of the road when there's a shoulder, but no, never then. IMO there's two kinds of bikers - aggressive ones and dead ones. Passive ones are in the dead column already.

Though with that said, electric bicycle riders are the absolute worst - they ride in the bike lane but they're clipping along at 35 or 40 mph.
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 24, 2022, 02:05 PM.
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X