Hagerty's mini engine rebuild...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagerty's mini engine rebuild...

Having been possessed by a couple Austin minis for 30 years I had to watch the video documenting the rebuild. First thing I noticed was that the machine shop was using some equipment like I have collected over the years. If only it worked...

Second was that they were surprised that the transmission is the oil pan. It was brilliant packaging to reduce the size of the drivetrain, allowing the car to be smaller also. The car is really easy to work on, once you make the entire front sheetmetal removable.

And actually roomier than the t bucket I'm building. At 10 feet overall in length, it could hold 4 adults, well British adults. Jim Shears, a mutual friend of Dan Stokes and I, was gerthier than me. We both fit in my first one. BTW I am 6ft and 255 pounds, Jim was a bit heavier. And 100 hp in a car with all up weight of about 1900 pounds with us in it was still peppy.

So if anyone wants to experience a mini, I'd let it go.

I will have to get you one of the Decals that I have on my Timber Cruiser.....
    small letters on windshield.....

actual size

Comment

I'm guessing you are talking about the fat chick sticker. Appropriate! Your little buggy is perty neer same size! Better ground clearance tho...

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
        I will have to get you one of the Decals that I have on my Timber Cruiser.....
        small letters on windshield.....

actual size
        So if I could read, I'd have noticed that you said on the windshield... not the dash or back of the body. Doh!

But all the pictures show newspaper taped over the windshield! Double Doh!

So what's it say? What's it say? What's it say?

I'm just like an irritating little kid sometimes...

Comment

He tole ya - it says "Actual Size". Guess that's as big as it gets.

Battery Box for Whatever? Tried to call but your phone is inop (or I have a wrong number......)

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            He tole ya - it says "Actual Size". Guess that's as big as it gets.

Battery Box for Whatever? Tried to call but your phone is inop (or I have a wrong number......)

Dan
            I have to decide what size of battery and brand before the size of the box is determined. I'm thinking that I will have to make one to fit. There's actually a lot of room left in the turtle deck so back to battery size first.

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post

I have to decide what size of battery and brand before the size of the box is determined. I'm thinking that I will have to make one to fit. There's actually a lot of room left in the turtle deck so back to battery size first.
              This box is a BIG one - it'll easily hold the Mercedes Diesel battery size (don't remember the size designation but it's between a Diesel truck and car sized). Might be bigger than you'll want. If you look up the Jeg's marine battery box it probably has the dimensions.

Dan

Comment

I had one in France, so much fun...
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I looked up the battery box size - 12 3/4" long by 7 1/4" wide by 10" deep. a pretty big one compared to the Moroso in 'Stanger.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                  X