anybody heard from Squirel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody heard from Squirel?

I haven't noticed Jim posting lately. Anybody know if he is off on another adventure, heads down in the shop working on the Barracuda or ????

I sent him a PM a couple days ago .. no response yet.

Comment

Jim's hangout: Search Results | The H.A.M.B. (jalopyjournal.com)

Comment

That is a real shame.

Comment

Has been there for years, before BS et al existed, the place suits his particular style/interest well plus as far as I know he still has his own site to spend time on.

----------

H.A.M.B. can be a fascinating place, read it all night, but most of their guys would have little interest in my take on things.

Comment

Last I saw he was working on a MG for Lemons Rally? (Photo stolen from Jim's FB page...)

Click image for larger version

Name:	mg.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	1313971

Comment

Hope he's OK but I do miss him. A great guy and a real do-er.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                H.A.M.B. can be a fascinating place, read it all night, but most of their guys would have little interest in my take on things.
                I joined too, but members didn't like my '63 Chevy II Nova SS and ran me off. Jim's '62 gasser was loved by all and he was embraced and received warm fuzzies .. go figure.

Comment

dang keyboard commandoes.... you know i hates em. im not on
                  digital corvettes or the pirate 4x4 board for that very reason.

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                    dang keyboard commandoes.... you know i hates em. im not on
                    digital corvettes or the pirate 4x4 board for that very reason.
                    Amen zinc. Only reason I stay here and why I am Chief Lurker
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

I joined too, but members didn't like my '63 Chevy II Nova SS and ran me off. Jim's '62 gasser was loved by all and he was embraced and received warm fuzzies .. go figure.
                      I just posted a picture of my Firebird and they deleted it in the blink of an eye. 28 posts since 2008.

Comment

Yeah they work up through a particular era w/ iron and any modifications done, and it's got to be era-correct, anything newer is like, disrespectful. But that's their thing, they get to have that like we all do ours wherever we get it.

I follow HotRodders as a car forum, they cover the whole range, but they are pretty focused on pure car stuff. I kinda like a bar-room atmosphere more, loosen-up a little.

I used to read Jalopnik, for years, but their tendency to have to slip in little political and cultural viewpoint-bombs that I find either annoying or just plain ignorant has me not paying much attention anymore, same (if less so) w/ The Drive, of-course those are their own type of places.

Ever find you don't know what it is you really want anyhow? I feel that way about car sites sometimes.

Comment

I didn't feel like the context for the picture was out of line but I guess they did. Whatever.

Comment

From my point of view it's a miracle I even remembered my screen name & password. I'll see them in another 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                            X