No announcement yet.

Oh the irony, VW polluting again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I agree science has taken a back seat to feelings and people's opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
      Yes I agree science has taken a back seat to feelings and people's opinions.
      Has it?

Seems that pocket protector types have always used their interpretation of the data to support their opinions while explaining it with words most of us can even spell to look up their meanings.

Anybody ever notice how easily I make friends on the internet with my sincerity?

Comment

You know what's kinda fun? To present to somebody who's a novice at something an accurate, fully-detailed description of the matter at hand in a way that makes them learn and understand. And then when you're all done and they totally get it, tell them you just now made it all up.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
          You know what's kinda fun? To present to somebody who's a novice at something an accurate, fully-detailed description of the matter at hand in a way that makes them learn and understand. And then when you're all done and they totally get it, tell them you just now made it all up.

the hardest thing in the world to do is to convince someone that you lied to them.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I dunno, I'd have said it's to convince someone that they've lied to themselves, but who knows. Seems like when you get to that level it's a lost cause either direction.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

the hardest thing in the world to do is to convince someone that you lied to them.
              If it sounds plausible...

Comment

I dunno, I'd have said it's to convince someone that they've lied to themselves, but who knows. Seems like when you get to that level it's a lost cause either direction.
                it's a Mark Twain quote.... goes something like "It's far easier to fool someone then to convince that you fooled them".... I use the example of my wife - she had a Prius and she wanted seat heaters.. so I installed some and told her, in passing, that she'd get worse mileage. Months... literally Months later, she comes to me and proudly proclaims that she hadn't lost mileage. I told her it was because she was driving more aware of her mpg. Now - what do you think, did she buy that?

Without going into politics, think of people whose opinions now seem foolish - and how many of them admit that they've changed their minds.... or do they double down?

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 28, 2022, 12:11 AM.

Comment

it's a Mark Twain quote.... goes something like "It's far easier to fool someone then to convince that you fooled them".... I use the example of my wife - she had a Prius and she wanted seat heaters.. so I installed some and told her, in passing, that she'd get worse mileage. Months... literally Months later, she comes to me and proudly proclaims that she hadn't lost mileage. I told her it was because she was driving more aware of her mpg. Now - what do you think, did she buy that?

Without going into politics, think of people whose opinions now seem foolish - and how many of them admit that they've changed their minds.... or do they double down?
                  I couldn’t formulate a non political reply thus mine sounds silly..
                  Nailed it..
                  Last edited by Deaf Bob; February 28, 2022, 09:13 AM.

Comment

SUNK: https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...nis/ar-AAUt4AF
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Yeow. My conspiracy-theorist side says they sunk it to avoid even-higher salvage costs. Will make harder to figure out exactly what happened.

Comment

I second that .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

That reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes.

Comment

Yeow. My conspiracy-theorist side says they sunk it to avoid even-higher salvage costs. Will make harder to figure out exactly what happened.
                            whaaa? you mean ships don't suddenly just roll over and sink? weird.

Comment

whaaa? you mean ships don't suddenly just roll over and sink? weird.
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Insurance companies will take a bath, and everyone else gets paid.
                                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
                                X