This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does money buy class?

I don't think it does so I thought I'd ask the rest of you guys. In my world if your shit stinks it stinks.

I'm taking my wife to the doctor today and I have to cut thru California. When I stop at a light I look over at the gas station and there's a guy standing next to his car like he's pumping gas but there's no hose connected to the car. Gas was $6.79 a gallon, it's like he was reminiscing of days gone by when he used to be able to afford it.....

Maybe I should change this title to " Does money but gas???

Comment

As far as money buying class: I rode hunter and jumper horses for a decade and was immersed in that culture. I can assure you that there is no correlation between money and class whatsoever. Some of the richest folks were extremely classy (Mrs. Harvey Firestone for one) while some were a 24k gold plated PITA. And some of the folks where the old man was working his butt off to make them lower upper class were often the biggest PITAs - "Don't you know who I AM?!! I'm Mrs. Soandso"......

Believe me, I was WAY out of my comfort zone but our trainer was a friend and took me along on these expeditions.

Dan

Comment

The income level is all over the map where I live and I kind of like it that way. There isn't any suburbs and everyone has to get along.

Comment

Places like Walmart. You see people ripping on the people that shop there but where I live everyone shops there. Limited choices.

Comment

Originally posted by gconnsr View Post
            Places like Walmart. You see people ripping on the people that shop there but where I live everyone shops there. Limited choices.
            then limit your spending? I don't shop at Walmart, ever. That said, I also don't spend any time ripping on them, if I did, I suppose eventually we'd miss out on these internet jewels.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Things you can't unsee.
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I sometimes wonder if it isn't the employees just plotting to get rid of us so I shop there even more. It's the best paying job in my city.

Comment

I really can't see anyone here saying money buys class .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

In my case, the answer is absolutely not. Or maybe. Probably. I don't have much class, but then I don't have much money either. It's definitely proportional. Yes. Absolutely.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Sure as the world , I basically dare everyone and the post Oletrux has to say yes .......
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

When you see a bum begging for money where I live don't rule out the possibility that he's actually a millionaire and doing that shit for kicks

Comment

Like I said, the income level is all over the map out here so you never know who you're talking too.

Comment

This is me. With or without money I really don't have a care in the world.

Comment

Sometimes I think it really bothers people that I can take my dog for a walk, which I'm about to do, and be happy. There's way to many haters in this world. Peace.

Comment

Working...
                              X