Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Busted T10 parts? I'll take them off your hands...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busted T10 parts? I'll take them off your hands...

Hopefully I'm not putting this in the wrong spot. I'm looking for parts for early T10 transmissions, specifically a main shaft and reverse gear parts (all of them). I have a 62 vintage T10 that was shortened to use in a drag car. Beautiful job on the shortening, but no reverse, no good for the street. I just picked up an empty matching aluminum case, complete and in good condition. Now to find reverse.

So if any of you guys have a really dead T10 with usable parts, I could use said reverse and a good main shaft. Let me know what you have either here or a private message, your discretion. Thanks, you will be helping the Whatever project

Dave, I am going to start going thru my NOS (Never Out of Style) parts boxes building a Load for the Jefferson Swap Meet. I will look to see if I have any "Forgotten Treasures".

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
      Dave, I am going to start going thru my NOS (Never Out of Style) parts boxes building a Load for the Jefferson Swap Meet. I will look to see if I have any "Forgotten Treasures".
      Thanks Captain. Let me know if you find anything.

Comment

Sorry - I got nothin'.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Sorry - I got nothin'.

Dan
          That's okay. Keep your ears open... one of you guys are bound to locate something. I'll keep trying around here as well.

Comment

Zilch
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

If everyone keeps looking in their stashes, sooner or later I'll get the parts I need. Thanks and keep looking...

Comment

my C3 came with a ST-10 that was broken - I bought a replacement part off ebay. It was really cheap...
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  my C3 came with a ST-10 that was broken - I bought a replacement part off ebay. It was really cheap...
                  I know, I know, this here internet thing might take off some day...

I guess I'll just have to see what I can find on ebay, when I figure out how to search on it . Remember I am a troglodytic luddite! How specific do I need to get? I know, I'll pass the torch to Alex, my nephew. He's good with buying stuff on the internet thingie...

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post

I know, I know, this here internet thing might take off some day...

I guess I'll just have to see what I can find on ebay, when I figure out how to search on it . Remember I am a troglodytic luddite! How specific do I need to get? I know, I'll pass the torch to Alex, my nephew. He's good with buying stuff on the internet thingie...
                    They keep saying that - I doubt it will ever be that popular.

Dan keeps saying you're a ludditic .... but if it's on the internet, it must be true.

As far as searching, input gear 2 or 3 ring? (and I think it means which gear ratio - IIRC they come in a 2.43 and a 3.21 first gear ratio)
                    https://www.ebay.com/itm/26546083877...gAAOSwh-ZgkLdh
                    from that link, roll down to the "related parts" there's one that might work for 1/2 the price as the link

and both reverse gears
                    https://www.ebay.com/itm/30438577492...3ABFBMlvb0o4hg
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 19, 2022, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks. The one I'm starting with was a 62 T10, with 2.20 low, close ratio box. Turned into a shorty...
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1191.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	1317876 As you can see, it's short! But inside is nice and clean. It was used in some sort of small engine rear engine dragster before it found its wayward way to my garage.

I'll check out the links you posted and see what I can figure out. If I get lost, I'll just pass it on to my nephew. He and his significant other are between homes, so he's not got anything better to do. And his wife will be glad he's spending my money and not theirs!

Comment

ah, t-10, different gear, lots cheaper
                        https://www.ebay.com/itm/14444197899...oAAOSwj6ViICVw

reverse gear (cheaper too)
                        https://www.ebay.com/itm/13327097010...8AAOSwJGdbuuCw
                        and the other side of that
                        https://www.ebay.com/itm/15490117159...sAAOSwzkpiMQ9J

less then $100 for all the above.

It's actually pretty amazing how many 'hard-to-find' parts you can find on ebay. That said, it makes sense because unlike the other options (e.g. craigslist), it stays for sale until you pull it off - which, in rare parts, is important since you need to find that one buyer who needs your one part...
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 20, 2022, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks. You know, I think the first thing I should get is a manual for the T10 transmissions of the early 60's. Then open up the shorty and determine what it is and what it actually needs to grow a foot!

Why is it we all like the challenge of making the pound mongrel into the Westminster Dog Show Best in Breed?

Comment

... Why is it we all like the challenge of making the pound mongrel into the Westminster Dog Show Best in Breed?
                            Cause most of us can't afford the Best in Breed right out of the gate so we start with some reject and spend twice as much building something half as nice

Comment

Thanks. You know, I think the first thing I should get is a manual for the T10 transmissions of the early 60's. Then open up the shorty and determine what it is and what it actually needs to grow a foot!

Why is it we all like the challenge of making the pound mongrel into the Westminster Dog Show Best in Breed?
                              I know Manuel, nice guy, thinks he knows everything.

my plan is start with crap then own it long enough to cash in when it becomes popular..... I supposed I'd have to sell to realize that gain... which we all know isn't going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X