Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Busted T10 parts? I'll take them off your hands...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So next question for the combined wisdom of Bangshift. Any recommendations for companies that have transmission parts? I need to talk to someone who is an actual transmission repair/rebuild shop. I'm not sure if it's going to be cost effective to rebuild from the bits and bobs that I have, and being a little old school would like to talk to someone that can guide me thru the parts needed.

Let me know who you like, and have had a good experience with someone or some company. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
      So next question for the combined wisdom of Bangshift. Any recommendations for companies that have transmission parts? I need to talk to someone who is an actual transmission repair/rebuild shop. I'm not sure if it's going to be cost effective to rebuild from the bits and bobs that I have, and being a little old school would like to talk to someone that can guide me thru the parts needed.

Let me know who you like, and have had a good experience with someone or some company. Thanks
      These are the guys I use for parts and info

as for rebuilders, you'll want someone local.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

These are the guys I use for parts and info

as for rebuilders, you'll want someone local.
        I'll check them out. Thanks.

I'll be rebuilding it myself. I like the insides of things with gears and bearings... You should see the insides of a real Mini's transmission/oil pan. The only ones I don't enjoy working on are automajics. Simple but smelly when they die!

Comment

I'll check them out. Thanks.

I'll be rebuilding it myself. I like the insides of things with gears and bearings... You should see the insides of a real Mini's transmission/oil pan. The only ones I don't enjoy working on are automajics. Simple but smelly when they die!
          they still work - even if you find a ball bearing that should have been inside many months later....ask me how I know, more importantly, ask me if I care

Comment

they still work - even if you find a ball bearing that should have been inside many months later....ask me how I know, more importantly, ask me if I care
            The first time I took one apart it was an m22 Muncie and I lost 1 just 1, of those itsy bitsy needle roller bearings from the cluster gear. Couldn't find it. Had to buy a complete set. There are 44 in 2 double rows in there. And all of them are loose! Held in by grease and the willof the gods!

Comment

I watched a Late Friend rebuilt a Tractor Transmission
              with a Auxiliary Hi-Lo range, feeding into a 2 speed PTO box.
              The Slick Trick to Holding all those INDIVIDUAL Roller
              Bearing Pins in place was Turned Down Wood Dowls
              As you pushed the Counter Shaft in, it was pushing out the wood Dowl. And all them pesky rollers stayed in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                I watched a Late Friend rebuilt a Tractor Transmission
                with a Auxiliary Hi-Lo range, feeding into a 2 speed PTO box.
                The Slick Trick to Holding all those INDIVIDUAL Roller
                Bearing Pins in place was Turned Down Wood Dowls
                As you pushed the Counter Shaft in, it was pushing out the wood Dowl. And all them pesky rollers stayed in place.
                Yeah, I learned that eventually! Probably 3rd or 4th one. And in those days I worked for a paper machinery company that had a big machine shop. So it was easy to make length AND diameter right. And in aluminum yet! No cost to me, except for the time...

But I'm much better now...

Comment

The first time I took one apart it was an m22 Muncie and I lost 1 just 1, of those itsy bitsy needle roller bearings from the cluster gear. Couldn't find it. Had to buy a complete set. There are 44 in 2 double rows in there. And all of them are loose! Held in by grease and the willof the gods!
                  when I did it - it was a top loader - my brother, rest his soul, did 2 things, first he moved my stuff on the bench (yeah, into a pile) and second borrowed a wheel then didn't tighten the lug nuts when he put it back on.... I digress.

when I put the trans back together - one roller bearing seemed a bit loose but actually wasn't terrible (no play, etc)... but since I thought I had all the parts re-organized, I figured it just was the way it was... I know that FJ40 is still on the road and that they never have had the trans out since - something like 20 years ago... no harm no foul.

The tire, bit, though, yeah that was engaging to see your tire running away from you...

Comment

when I did it - it was a top loader - my brother, rest his soul, did 2 things, first he moved my stuff on the bench (yeah, into a pile) and second borrowed a wheel then didn't tighten the lug nuts when he put it back on.... I digress.

when I put the trans back together - one roller bearing seemed a bit loose but actually wasn't terrible (no play, etc)... but since I thought I had all the parts re-organized, I figured it just was the way it was... I know that FJ40 is still on the road and that they never have had the trans out since - something like 20 years ago... no harm no foul.

The tire, bit, though, yeah that was engaging to see your tire running away from you...
                    Never lost a tire! Only had a driveshaft come out of the racecar 1 night. Helper said he could do it. Thankfully it fell out when the u-bolts fell out. 1 moment the car was accelerating, then it was just coasting...didn't even bend it. New u-joint and u-bolts and we made the conci and the feature.

Comment

Never lost a tire! Only had a driveshaft come out of the racecar 1 night. Helper said he could do it. Thankfully it fell out when the u-bolts fell out. 1 moment the car was accelerating, then it was just coasting...didn't even bend it. New u-joint and u-bolts and we made the conci and the feature.
                      If you were to ask me how many tires I've lost, I'd say 3. Of those 3, 2 were on different trailers that I bought in a town nearby named Granite Falls. You'd think they'd have a warning sign out before that town.... but no, no they do not so what happened happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X