No announcement yet.

Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the first 26' Uhaul filled... at least one more to go.... ugh.

so fun story. Everyone is leaving Seattle - thus getting 20 or 26 foot trucks is a challenge. I reserved one 2 weeks ago, was supposed to pick it up in Kenmore (10 miles), then Anacortes (82 miles - but got another $200 off the rental) then eventually Bellingham (120 miles including the 20 miles of this story and another $50)

Went to Anacortes to pick it up.... owner of outlet says "no, those trucks are rented"... had to leave for bathroom, called on the way, person at Uhaul said "oh please, they're available"... back we went. Got there, did the no-person checkout and no keys in the box. Phone call 3 to Uhaul, person calls owner to get keys - owner refuses. Keep in mind these trucks look very used and not clean at all. Eventually they send us to Bellingham... what irritates me of all of this - Anacortes jack**s knew we were coming but didn't tell us that we couldn't rent the trucks. That's probably what irritates the most... I knew it'd be a problem but not that level.

speaking of which, need to call Uhaul and mention that other issue.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Comment

Screw-Haul

I will never use them for anything.... ever. Once bit, twice shy.
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

If you knew a lawyer you could at least scare the crap out of them. That said, I'm had better luck with Budget though that was a smaller truck.

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
            Screw-Haul

I will never use them for anything.... ever. Once bit, twice shy.
            let's frame this. I could use Ryder.... or Budget.... as long as I'm willing to go to Georgia to get a truck.... Uhaul ain't right but it ain't that either.

Comment

it's official, I guess
              and the blur is rain.... yeah, to you too Seattle

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                If you knew a lawyer you could at least scare the crap out of them. That said, I'm had better luck with Budget though that was a smaller truck.
                Please tell me You were "MESSING WITH SBG" ?......
                Clue You In...... "Don't Poke the Bear when he is ALREADY Pissed" !!! LOL
                Last edited by Captain; May 25, 2022, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Luckily I have a pretty long stick. And I hope he knows I'm just teasin'.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Now your talking! Nice....and a view for miles. Those trees at your old place would have been closing in on me, lol. Congrats.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

goats. natures lawnmower AND fertilizer in one!

AND, if they're young enough, and cooked properly, also DELICIOUS!

Comment

Jamaican "Jerk Goat" a Christmas Favorite

Comment

so yesterday's round trip is done.... 6 am to 1 am.... and we've only just begun
                          for those who note, I drove a Ford. Probably what BBR was complaining about? :D (I kid). I was impressed - there are some huge passes to get across and it pulled them very well... v10 gas. Got 7.6 mpg indicated.... which sounds about right... given that diesel is $1 a gallon more and wouldn't have done any better in economy - as I said, impressed.

heat but not a/c... this is weird... but we'll see, I may fix that

and the crane

Luigi is thrilled too.

Comment

Comment

The only thing about moving is ....
                              like spring clean out of the shop......
                              You will Find Inventory You Forgot You Have !!!

Comment

Still available for adoption and I'm good with dogs, goats, everything but spiders... I have a huge phobia about spiders.

Comment

Working...
                                X