Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    Small town America.

So the first day I'm moving the stuff in - by myself and directing Uhaul - recommended movers (who are really, really late). Neighbor comes by (the one with the Studebaker gas truck), introduces himself and says "hey, I have a forklift that you can borrow anytime to move"....

and it gets better, today we're talking and he again offers the forklift, this time I say "Yes please" .... next week the lathe, the press brake, the shear and the car lift are going to be here.... and now I know how I'm going to get it unloaded.

This same neighbor has a tour bus, a snap-type truck (box with lift gate) - yep, this is me winning the lottery. He also helped move two bookshelves upstairs.
    Getting in your good graces so you do not go “Karen” on his stuff...

Comment

full load, now in Kennewick and neighbor's forklift

which I promptly got stuck - this is why you don't do 16 hour days

and no, 3 trucks was not enough weight
      however, 2 bollards and the forklift got itself unstuck

so the shop is full

today the former owner got to see it - he ordered some wheels from Wheel Vintiques 2 years ago - they arrived
      he said he thanked God that a car guy got the shop and is using it

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I don't ever think I've seen a side on shot of the Buick before, that;s one nice looking car

Click image for larger version  Name:	SrRV3IFhr.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.3 KB ID:	1321401
        Last edited by 65RHDEER; June 26, 2022, 01:31 AM.
        Tim
        Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

and finally a video of our move.

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

When I moved last year, I opted to rent a truck instead. I found some really useful tips on https://threemovers.com/9-things-to-...for-your-move/ that helped me a lot. It's important to know the exact size of the moving truck you need, pick a convenient date and time, and research the cost of renting. Also, don’t forget about insurance coverage, make sure you can actually drive the truck, have the right paperwork, decide on any extra equipment you might need, and understand the return options and requirements.

These tips made my moving process smoother and less stressful. It's all about planning and making sure you’re prepared for the journey ahead.​
              Last edited by bigsapper; April 8, 2024, 04:25 AM.

Comment

If you can swing it, buy an enclosed car trailer and a truck to tow it. Around me, most moving vans are completely used up - thus you'll spend more money on fixing them then simply renting a Uhaul.
                In the Uhaul front - if you're going to a place everyone is moving from - getting rental stuff is easy. If you're not.... You'll have to work for it (e.g. California to Texas)

Comment

Just make sure to give it a thorough check before you take it on any adventures. Sometimes those bargain buys can come with unexpected surprises.

Comment

Working...
                  X