Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving

oh the adventure is going to begin.... thinking I'll add to the adventure by purchasing this truck to haul our stuff... it's only $500 - besides divorce, murder, what could go wrong?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

and note it's a sideloader - we can store stuff in an organized manner..... win, win indeed.

Comment

Moving sucks.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

That's a great deal at $500 I am sure you could part it out and make money. If I ever move again there will be paid movers.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

It's a Vintage Stroh's Beer Truck. Find a Matching Pizza Retail Delivery Delivery Truck........ That will Bring In All Your Buddies to Help with the Move !!! Way Better and Cheaper than Hiring out to move ALL That Stuff (shit) you have......
          I can't Afford to Move for the same Reasons,
          I have too much Stuff (shit) !!​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
            That's a great deal at $500 I am sure you could part it out and make money. If I ever move again there will be paid movers.
            yeah, there will be paid movers....

Comment

Moving sucks, but so does divorce and murder, so I hope that you aren't going through all three at once.

Comment

Old Rainer beer truck?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  Old Rainer beer truck?
                  Stroh's. Brewed for decades in Detroit but now gone.

Aaron - best of luck on the move. It's never easy and we have no intention of doing it again though ME thinks we might have one more move to "The Home" where they put old people. I hope not.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Stroh's. Brewed for decades in Detroit but now gone.

Aaron - best of luck on the move. It's never easy and we have no intention of doing it again though ME thinks we might have one more move to "The Home" where they put old people. I hope not.

Dan
                    you're not old so there's no need to be concerned about that.... my retirement plan is to slip and fall in the public bathhouse stone naked like my grandpa did.

Comment

Buy it . I've been shopping around for a C-50 myself . Weird, vettes , suburban, and now big chevy /gmc trucks . Maybe I can change my name in your honor SCG . Unlike you though , my wife really would kill me if I don't get rid of a suburban and a S10 first . I'm wanting a dump bed grain truck for hauling my own gravel and firewood. Removable sides of course . I haven't done any real research but the only ones I've noticed with the vent on the sides of the hood up near the front are C-65s . Can you confirm or shoot that down ?
                      Last edited by Dan Barlow; April 15, 2022, 03:23 PM.
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                        Buy it . I've been shopping around for a C-50 myself . Weird, vettes , suburban, and now big chevy /gmc trucks . Maybe I can change my name in your honor SCG . Unlike you though , my wife really would kill me if I don't get rid of a suburban and a S10 first . I'm wanting a dump bed grain truck for hauling my own gravel and firewood. Removable sides of course . I haven't done any real research but the only ones I've noticed with the vent on the sides of the hood up near the front are C-65s . Can you confirm or shoot that down ?
                        pretty sure it's gone. There's more in scrap there then $500, it's likely the box is mostly aluminum.

Comment

We've started putting stuff in boxes as part of staging the house so our upcoming move is already slowly gaining steam. We're doing the PODS for the move, two because we both know the garage and other car stuff is going to take up most if not all of one!
                          Central TEXAS Sleeper
                          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Am thinking of getting a container, don't know if 40' or 20...either with moving will cost more than the value of the contents I'm sure. I have a couple of aluminum boxes off U-Haul trucks that have worked pretty well, anything in there stays like you left it.

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
                              We've started putting stuff in boxes as part of staging the house so our upcoming move is already slowly gaining steam. We're doing the PODS for the move, two because we both know the garage and other car stuff is going to take up most if not all of one!
                              Been looking at PODS and their competitor... I suspect the biggest cost will be moving the cars.

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                              Am thinking of getting a container, don't know if 40' or 20...either with moving will cost more than the value of the contents I'm sure. I have a couple of aluminum boxes off U-Haul trucks that have worked pretty well, anything in there stays like you left it.
                              I'd love to do that because the box would be mine - however, it's not practical to get them to where they're needed. Reality wise, I'd fill it with the stuff in the shop - and picking it up after that would be entertaining as would making the corner up the hill

that said, I'm getting a much nicer shop.... lordy, amazingly nicer.

Comment

Working...
                              X