No announcement yet.

$1.5 million dollar TRACTOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe we're focusing too much on an exact comparison of then and now. In most cases "now" will win. So I'll derail and distract by offering this video of some modern outdoor equipment. Just sayin.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
      Maybe we're focusing too much on an exact comparison of then and now. In most cases "now" will win. So I'll derail and distract by offering this video of some modern outdoor equipment. Just sayin.
      am I the only one disappointed that the engine/trans/rear differential weren't part of the shred? Joey might be a nice guy, but a TG presenter? no.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

am I the only one disappointed that the engine/trans/rear differential weren't part of the shred? Joey might be a nice guy, but a TG presenter? no.
        No, you weren't the only one. When it spit out a whole front wheel I started inventorying what had come out before that and...That was a brand new crap chunker, maybe the manufacturer didn't want it destroyed making a video they couldn't show. Oh well, so much for a distraction I guess.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          Still not buying it, newest tractors still tip the scales at 65,000 lbs..... and while steam does have torque, they have no traction with those steel wheels. I know, I know, there's videos of steam tractors pulling small tractors around.... dude, it's the fair - and while, I know, the fair has lots of cool stuff most is fiction.... and Santa isn't real either. Hook a steam tractor to a 100' seeder - and the seeder ain't going anywhere.

sorry.

and steam IS cool, but a Detroit diesel at full song makes steam sound like Mary Poppins.
          I can fully relate to what you are saying, but growing up around detroit diesels at 3-4 AM (Milk Haulers) and steam shows/threshers reunions, it's hard to beat the originals, especially with the night show at the steam show
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
          X