First thread started in a long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First thread started in a long time

I'm killing time out in the garage while Paula and her siblings go thru her moms things . Yep she's gone after 85 trips around the sun . Greatest mother in law ever . And while I'll miss her , it wasn't my mom , who is 82 . So , I'm not taking it too hard . Man that sounds calloused and I hate that . She got diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and 6 weeks latter was gone . Not alot of pain thanks to pain killers that helped her sleep thru most of it . Any way , I'm trying to put the balancer hub back on the LT1 in the vette after taking it apart 9 months ago for cleaning and a new timing chain and opti-spark. I didn't put this in the tech section because I really don't think anyone can help me . But man after 9 months even photos aren't helping . I've been using a piece of all thread and a bunch of washers to pull the hub back on the crank . Glad I used all thread instead of a bolt because I was able to engage all the threads in the crank and not rip any out and when the hub said it wasn't going any further and snapped the all thread , a pair of vice grips removed it . But it just doesn't look to be on far enough . I just can't tell if it's the lighting and cleaner engine or not .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Today's photo Click image for larger version

Name:	20220512_170020_copy_2268x3024_1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	1318849
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Now that I finally got the photos to load , I think that the water pump not being on is what making the gap look closer in the old photo . Thanks to Tim H. from church dropping some stuff by and wondering what I was doing .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I am sure glad you posted that other pictures as I was thinking to myself - that is a picture of the cover AFTER he cleaned it up

Comment

I do everything on my phone . Those thumbnails are pretty small to be able to see to pick the right ones . The first and the last pics are the right ones , in the right order . Just skip the second one .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
            Now that I finally got the photos to load , I think that the water pump not being on is what making the gap look closer in the old photo . Thanks to Tim H. from church dropping some stuff by and wondering what I was doing .
            'funny' how he just happened to drop by

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I went nuts some time ago and bought a real balancer installation tool and it IS better. Mine has a sealed bearing that contacts the balancer and eases the amount of effort needed to push it all back on - worth it! Or you can rent one at Advance Zone O'Rilley's (they all seem sorta the same to me). Anyhow, you might consider it given that it's free if you take it back.

Good to see that you're getting it back on the road. And sorry to hear about Paula's Mom - please give her a hug from us. I'm at the age when I realize we all have to go sometime but that doesn't mean I'm in a hurry. I have too many projects to do!

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X