• Krap that keeps you Busy

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220510_145725~2.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	975.1 KB
ID:	1319083

1st project.....
    Went to a Swap Meet with the Trailer,
    When arriving at check in.......a squawking noise Was coming out of one of the wheels.
    Made it home safe, but found these 3 pieces of what's left of the brake adjuster......

Name:	IMG_20220510_105901~2.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	776.0 KB
ID:	1319084

This is what it used to look like. Notice of the pieces found,
    NOT a Single piece of evidence of that bottom spring was found ???? These axles have less than 3,000 miles on them.
    I'm thinking that the retainer spring was missing from day one, and someone missed it on assembly.

And I repacked the bearings, and replaced 4 out of the 8 bearings and races as I seen some wonky surfaces on the "Made in Romania" races......

So 3 days lost, tearing down, running for parts, and reassembly.......
    ​​​​​​
    ​​​​

As Rosanne Rosannadana always said "If it's not one thing, it's another. It's either this or it's that! "

Never mind...

Comment

Project number 2.......
      Racoons got into my shop soffit. Probably last fall and Hybernated over winter there. They had tore open a Screen vent on the inside of the lower storage area.

Then the Pine Squirrels decided that this would be a good Winter Lodging also, and made their Larder in the shop office exterior wall.......

Name:	IMG_20220515_115448~2.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	830.3 KB
ID:	1319087

So, I got to spend a weekend pulling down 40 feet of Soffit, and 3 exterior steel wall panels, to reinsulate it All....

I fixed the Screen Vent with Roofing Nails instead of the stapled original install........
      And lately....... sitting on the porch each evening like a "Timber Hillbilly" with my shotgun in my lap.......
      Just to Reinforce the "Varmint Eviction Notice" !!!!

Comment

It's tough to make any progress sometimes.

Comment

and for those who live in areas with extremely sensitive people, let me introduce you to the PCP rifle... and no, this isn't your Daisy BB gun, these things shoot up to 1500 fps, have calibers from .177 to .050 (or shoot bolts), can be full auto and don't trigger legal exclusions.... oh yeah, and can be pretty darn quiet.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I should Edit the Title to....
            MORE Krap that keeps you Busy....

Went to start the Shaggin Wagon (my go to the dump, junk yard parts chasing van), and the starter stayed engaged after the engine was running.....
            Turn the key off, but the starter still was turning the engine over. Took the first wrench I could grab and hit the Solenoid.
            Starter stopped.
            Thinking it was a fluke, turned the key to start....

KABOOM !!!

Being a retired Teamster.......I didn't breathe for a minute or two....LOL

Evidently with the choke plate closed, and the solenoid stuck on, it sucked fumes all the way into the exhaust system, by the time I got a wrench to hit the Solenoid......

Blew the muffler wide open !!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220524_175854~3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.81 MB ID:	1319738

So I had another day shot replacing a Muffler and solenoid,
            And $127.67 lite in the Mad Money Fund. ​​​​
            Last edited by Captain; May 31, 2022, 06:08 AM.

Comment

I have had those solenoids stick before, never lost a muffler over it. I did open up a muffler like that one time. My first car 1985 T-Bird with a 3.8 V6 the air pump valve went bad (failed open?). Anyway if you floored it then lifted it would back fire. Being a teenager I thought it was funny. When I would go by someone that I knew house I would do it. One night it opened up the muffler, I saw a huge flash of light out the side window.

I tried to hammer it back together so I could weld it but that didn't work. I replaced the air valve with a used one and had the muffler shop replace it.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Looks like one of those "exploded view" displays!

Comment

Wednesday Evening,
                  We had a High Winds/Tornado come thru my place....
                  All my buildings are Fine, only a piece of facia came off the lower barn.
                  But I have Many Many Trees uprooted or broken off !!!

Comment

Here's a few pix......

Name:	IMG_20220615_192635~2.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	1320870 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220615_192428~3.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	775.9 KB
ID:	1320871 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220615_192446~3.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	553.7 KB
ID:	1320872

Comment

I'm going to be a Lumber Jack way into the start of winter.

I'm still going to catch the Hemming's Great Race,
                      I'm sure nobody is going to steal any of That Work while I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                        I should Edit the Title to....
                        MORE Krap that keeps you Busy....

Went to start the Shaggin Wagon (my go to the dump, junk yard parts chasing van), and the starter stayed engaged after the engine was running.....
                        Turn the key off, but the starter still was turning the engine over. Took the first wrench I could grab and hit the Solenoid.
                        Starter stopped.
                        Thinking it was a fluke, turned the key to start....

KABOOM !!!

Being a retired Teamster.......I didn't breathe for a minute or two....LOL

Evidently with the choke plate closed, and the solenoid stuck on, it sucked fumes all the way into the exhaust system, by the time I got a wrench to hit the Solenoid......

Blew the muffler wide open !!!

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20220524_175854~3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.81 MB ID:	1319738

So I had another day shot replacing a Muffler and solenoid,
                        And $127.67 lite in the Mad Money Fund. ​​​​
                        And to think that I used to get paid to blow crap up...

And all your other projects, phew! You need a vacation.

Comment

Glad your buildings are fine . I have some up rooted trees too . Ripped one out of the ground that was about 5" in diameter. The suburban is 6000 pounds and has 12 in wide mud tires . Its alot of fun .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I had a sweet gum tree fall out of the woods into the back yard. I am grateful it didn't Land on the car trailer or anything else of value. Have not decided how I am going to clean it up. For some reason fire keeps coming to mind.
                            Last edited by Russell; June 21, 2022, 09:20 PM.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                              I'm going to be a Lumber Jack way into the start of winter.

I'm still going to catch the Hemming's Great Race. .
                              Caught a good part of the Great Race on Thursday down in Sun Prairie @ Angell park speedway. We were down there for a kiddos Dr. appt and spent an hour in the park watching the cars come in for a scheduled lunch break. A lot of cool cars rolled thru while we were there.
                              '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                              '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                              79 Trans Am project
                              ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Working...
                              X