Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which car magazines are still being published?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which car magazines are still being published?

I am wondering which car magazines are still being published? I know that PHR and Car Craft are long gone. What ones are still alive.

Tim
    '71 Buick Sportwagon running project
    '85 Ford Crown Victoria 2 dr. 2nd project
    2015 Harley Street Glide 103ci

You need to be a lot more specific.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I only subscribe to Hot Rod - so that's one.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'm with Phil. Hot Rod still shows up in the mailbox though the quality varies from month to month. Still good bathroom reading, though. Sadly, print media is fading away.

Comment

I used to have a magazine rack in the bathroom that was stuffed with car mags.

Now, I just have a charger for my iPad ....

Comment

Speedway Illustrated is still in print. That, Hot Rod and SCCA's monthly magazine are the only ones I get anymore.

Comment

HotRod and Sick The Mag, come to my house. I have considered getting Grassroots but have not.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                HotRod and Sick The Mag, come to my house. I have considered getting Grassroots but have not.
                GRM is a BMW Nissan Miata Yota type suspension tires shocks brakes track days kind of magazine. You won't find much for a V8 in there. There is some neat content on the 2k challenge but most of the content is driven towards the sporty import world and track events not involving a drag strip.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Rodz and Kustom Car Culture....also CarToons.
                  Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
                    CarToons.
                    Epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

GRM is a BMW Nissan Miata Yota type suspension tires shocks brakes track days kind of magazine. You won't find much for a V8 in there. There is some neat content on the 2k challenge but most of the content is driven towards the sporty import world and track events not involving a drag strip.
                      The 2k challenge stuff is what interest me. I think road racing and autocross would be fun. VIR is not far from here and very close to my parents house. Some day I want to do an HPDE. I really enjoy drag racing it has a lower bar for entry so that's most of my track. Going to try to make it to this https://virnow.com/event/victory-junction-charity-laps/

Turn left racing looks fun but lack of crew and I am not aware of a run you daily driver at the oval night keeps me away.

If I had my way the ECTA would still be at Maxton, and I would be chasing records.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Okay, I'm going to be the jargon Nazi.... Published doesn't mean printed. BangShift is published... on the interwebs. Many printed magazines are only available these days online. Print and online is publishing. With that out of the way, what car magazines are still printed? Hard to say, but there are fewer and fewer as time goes on.

When I was a kid - it was Hot Rod, Car Craft, Rod & Custom, Hot Rod Mechanix, Super Stock & Drag Illustrated, Motor Trend, Road & Track, and so on for monthlies. Then there were weekly newsrags - AutoWeek, National Dragster, National Speed Sport News, Old Cars Weekly, etc. Anyone remember Hemmings when it was just one big thick magazine? How about Skinned Knuckles, Turning Wheels, American Truck, etc? Lot of that stuff still around. Then there were local rags - I used to write book reviews and feature stories for CARS magazine, which was printed locally and distributed around south central Kansas and northern Oklahoma. I wrote briefly for Gearheaders, but it only lasted a couple printings before going online.

What else ya got?
                        Last edited by studemax; June 3, 2022, 12:24 PM.
                        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I get Muscle machines,still pretty good and Hot Rod. I used to get 7 or 8 magazines a month now just these. They keep saying print is dead. Why at Barnes and noble there are probably 10 British car magazines dedicated to some kind of old car? Hagerty's magazine is really good too.
                          Last edited by antmnte; June 4, 2022, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
                            Rodz and Kustom Car Culture....also CarToons.

Cartoons, went down hill without Trosley penning the cartoons. Cartoons isn't Cartoon with out Krass and Bernie.
                            '71 Buick Sportwagon running project
                            '85 Ford Crown Victoria 2 dr. 2nd project
                            2015 Harley Street Glide 103ci

Comment

Working...
                            X