Old 3G phone - what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old 3G phone - what to do?

My first flip phone flat wore out a couple years ago. The soft keys just kinda fell apart. I saved the battery, and the old charger is in a box somewhere. My second flip phone has served me well, no troubles at all - but my provider was ditching 3G at the end of this month, so I broke down and bought a new 4G flip phone last week. It's heavier and bigger, and does more stuff than I need - it even rings louder. But now I have a 3G phone with battery, wall charger AND car charger. What to do with it? The alarm clock still works in it, so I turned it off. I hate to toss it. Folks used to sell their old phones which would get shipped to users overseas. Is that still possible? I don't see those signs tacked to light poles anymore offering cash for old phones. Ideas?
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Just thought I'd throw this out there, my Mom had a flip phone and if you're with Verizon they will actually give you one with an upgrade fee of $35.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Hammer and anvil See all the shiny little bitsy parts go flying across the shop...

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
        Just thought I'd throw this out there, my Mom had a flip phone and if you're with Verizon they will actually give you one with an upgrade fee of $35.
        Yep, we got two of 'em. It's actually more like $48 here because you gotta pay sales tax on the "free" phone.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
          Hammer and anvil See all the shiny little bitsy parts go flying across the shop...
          Yup, the Hillary procedure.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
          X