No announcement yet.

My SaturDAY Spent with Speedy Bill & SaturNIGHT Spent at Malcolms Monster Bash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My SaturDAY Spent with Speedy Bill & SaturNIGHT Spent at Malcolms Monster Bash

I don't know what the deal is with all the numbers, but Thanks for the pictures especially the one of my Ply on the pallet. I saved the email you sent.

Comment

Re: My SaturDAY Spent with Speedy Bill & SaturNIGHT Spent at Malcolms Monster Bash

I am jealous. Thank you loved them all.
      HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

The numbers reserve those spots in the thread, so she can edit them later and put the whole story up without any replies by other people interrupting it.

Great job, Denise! I don't know how you can get so many pictures and so much info in only 3.5 hours, and remember it all....I'm lucky to get 20 usable pics in a 5 day trip

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Wow!! Thanks for all the pics, can't wait for the rest of the story. This is only about 3 hours from where I'm at, didn't even know it was there. I'll have to make plans for a visit.

Comment

What an amazing opportunity! And thank you for sharing it and for documenting it so well. Great photos - wish you had more text, but I know that there's no place to stop when telling a story like this one. I glad you got to do this.

Dan

Comment

You know that all that stuff didn't just appear. Bill Smith must have spent a fourtune getting all that stuff. They paid me what I thought was a fair price for my Ply. Maybe some of you have stuff that would be better off in a museum. I sent them some old books and they gave me a letter that I can use for a tax deduction. All my old motors and cars just disappeared after I sold them. And I'm not getting any younger. Are you? You might think about getting some of the stuff that you just have and will never use to a better home. They have an email address on the web page.

Comment

Like Rich said, the museum is ALWAYS looking for memoribilia, especially old racing stuff from back in the day. They really would like old scrapbooks that the racers wives and girlfriends created that are probably in basements not even being looked at any longer. If anyone comes across anything even remotely resembles something of interest, please obtain it for the musuem. With everyones help, the museum will be around for many generations to come with the most comprehensive hot rod collection in the world.

Comment

WOW !!! :o

Comment

Wow, I really thought more then 6 people on this board would enjoy the photos and story from this museum. I guess I was wrong.

Is it cuz you don't like unusual motors? Were there too many photos? Too much of a "story"? Fill me in on what the other 80 folks that viewed the thread didn't like and perhaps I can revise the other places I visit to suit this board. Or maybe just not post stuff like this if in fact no one really wants it here.

Comment

Re: My SaturDAY Spent with Speedy Bill & SaturNIGHT Spent at Malcolms Monster Ba

Looks to me that more than 100 people checked out the photos. Not everyone will post a comment.

I for one really enjoyed it. I lived in Omaha for years and went to college in Lincoln, but never knew about the museum. Thanks for clueing me in.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Most are lurkers that are not going to post a thing they just like to see what everyone else is doing, so don't think that we don't appreciate what you did for us, we do. Again thanks for the pics.
                        HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

I hope that this doesn't sound condescending, as it's not meant that way, but people's literacy varies and is not necessarily an indicator of intelligence. I did lots of writing when I worked for the Gov, and lots of my coworkers, including engineers, were in awe of my abilities. I didn't think it was any big deal - still don't. Many absolutely HATED to have to sit down and put fingers to keyboard.

So lack of response likely has no bearing on folks' level of appreciation. I think we're all grateful that you shared this experience with us, and most, I'm sure, are just a bit green with envy.

Thanks Again
                          Dan

Comment

Some also may be taking awhile to digest the incredible amount of history you have put before us as I have. Thanks for the pictures and story. I've got to go to that place.
                            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Re: My SaturDAY Spent with Speedy Bill & SaturNIGHT Spent at Malcolms Monster Ba

Don't change a thing.
                              Normally I wouldn't reply to these types of topics because I'd just say something inarticulate.
                              "Wow, that's cool!" just seems like an understatement after all the work you put into posting everything.

Since you were concerned, I just wanted to say that this is definitely the type of content that this site should have.

Comment

To you guys who ain't on the HAMB Denise is a great writer,she go's to a lot of shows and hotrod events and post her adventures on the HAMB,everybody loves them and looks forward to the next one.

Comment

Working...
                                X