Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else had it with America's Got Talent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else had it with America's Got Talent?

I'm sick and tired of this show. There are acts coming from around the world to be on this show, and they AIN'T 'Murican. Also, since when does someone's sob story count as talent? Animal acts? GET LOST! Cute is not talent. The live audience consists of mostly morons who think anyone onstage is a star. Then, there's the voting by phone. Some of these acts get more votes than were cast in the 2020 election. WTAF?

Dad watches it religiously, but he hates ANY of the female judges because they LOVE everyone, and their acts are AMAZING, and WTH is going on with their jazz hands? He is sick and tired of the host trying to steal the spotlight. He is tired of people booing Simon & Howie when they correctly call out mistakes or lazy performers. I find somewhere else to be when this literal shitshow is on, although I sometimes hear or see it while I'm in the kitchen or passing by the living room.

That's not to say there isn't an occasional talented artist with a superior performance, but anything good on that show could be edited down to a half-hour or hour max. Beats the hell out of me why it's so popular.
    Last edited by studemax; August 31, 2022, 01:48 PM.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

I haven't given any of those talent shows the time of day since about the third episode of which ever one was first .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

can't bear to watch anything on network TV - -
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

I occasionally catch an episode if nothing else is on. Sort of background noise. Having played music on stage for money (didn't say I was good) I realize these folks are all hoping someone will tell them they're special. They aren't all.

Comment

Exactly. I have a niece who was SURE she'd be a big hit and auditioned for American Idol. They told her the same thing I told her for a couple years - go home and practice, come back in a few years because you're not even ready.
          Last edited by studemax; August 31, 2022, 01:49 PM.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Simon Cowell is smarter and richer than me.

Comment

BTW I had the TV service shut off about four months ago.

Comment

I moved to Edmonton in 1992, have never signed up for cable or satellite, and am still amazed at the number of people who happily pony up $100+ every month?? I can still get a number of local channels over the air, and beyond that, there is the internet. So I can easily waste WAAAAAAAY too much time without an expenditure of $100+ every month......

And all these talent shows, Big brother, etc, pretty much all made up drama BS anyway, no interest AT ALL in watching that type of stuff.......

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                  Simon Cowell is smarter and richer than me.
                  I doubt that
                  He might be a better bullshitter to make his $$ and fame...
                  If he were stuck in the wilds, you likely will come out alive..,

Comment

As much as I am of the t.v. generation, I have NEVER watched any of the so called talent shows, nor have I watched any of the non-car related reality shows. And I only have watched a couple of the car shows, mostly Chip Foose and Ian Roussel's show. I watched the first few shows of the motorcycle father/sons from here in N.Y., but quickly became sick of the fighting and other bs.

I watched about 10 minutes of an episode of one of the illegal street racing shows, and turned it off. Probably tuned to TCM.

I guess I'm just an anomaly of my generation...

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
                      As much as I am of the t.v. generation, I have NEVER watched any of the so called talent shows, nor have I watched any of the non-car related reality shows. And I only have watched a couple of the car shows, mostly Chip Foose and Ian Roussel's show. I watched the first few shows of the motorcycle father/sons from here in N.Y., but quickly became sick of the fighting and other bs.

I watched about 10 minutes of an episode of one of the illegal street racing shows, and turned it off. Probably tuned to TCM.

I guess I'm just an anomaly of my generation...
                      Yes. Yes you are. But we love you anyway.......

Comment

I don't watch much of Any TV, other than some "Who Dun-Its" and Documentaries on PBS.

Case In Point,
                        They offered Fiber Optic Cable service, IF I WOULD GIVE A EASEMENT for their cable. (Still at a monthly FEE)
                        In the letter requesting the Easement, the Description of the Requested Easement, was the Legal Description of ENTIRE Property !!!
                        So, I politely Declined, and only 2 people agreed on our Private Road, so that is as far as they are planning to bring the cable.
                        Sure Hope they KNOW what they Signed Off On. Easements are Forever !!! and if they decide to built a Junction/Service or Structure, you can't stop them.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                          I don't watch much of Any TV, other than some "Who Dun-Its" and Documentaries on PBS.

Case In Point,
                          They offered Fiber Optic Cable service, IF I WOULD GIVE A EASEMENT for their cable. (Still at a monthly FEE)
                          In the letter requesting the Easement, the Description of the Requested Easement, was the Legal Description of ENTIRE Property !!!
                          So, I politely Declined, and only 2 people agreed on our Private Road, so that is as far as they are planning to bring the cable.
                          Sure Hope they KNOW what they Signed Off On. Easements are Forever !!! and if they decide to built a Junction/Service or Structure, you can't stop them.
                          Too bad you couldn't get free lifetime full cable service out of them. But like you said, if they want to do something else you'd have no recourse but to bend over...

Thank you sir, may I have another!

Comment

Which reminds me of the old telephone system, whomever it was here in upstate New York. We have one of those old gray junction posts in our front yard. It was already there before the lot was cleared, probably to get service thru to another street from the more main road. No one in any of the 3 cul de sacs have that style of land line, and the thing is bustec up a bit. Probably a good home to some of the chipmonks. But it can't be removed!

That's a big

Comment

Working...
                            X