Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Warehouse....

Originally posted by VWMMP

Anyway to get the city to offer tax incentives for cleaning up the building?

Would try to do this deal very stealthily w/o any one on City Council being aware beforehand.

And always be very..."vague"... about any plans for the property. What might be in the city's best

interests (maximum property/sales taxes generated, etc.) often times does not coincide with

a hotrodder's (i.e., unconventional use) plans.

Lots of bluebloods & bluehairs will likely keel over thinking of a "wild bunch of crazed car freaks"

literally being in the heart of "their" downtown. ( :o ) This is not meant to discourage you!

I say full speed ahead & d@*n the torpedoes! Just be aware of the potentials for opposition

from direct/indirect venues, some just initially, and some ongoing.

Zoning in historic parts of town can change at will. Not designated historic? Could be next week.

Local ordinances can change overnight. Things can be made tough for you today, & rougher tomorrow.

You already know all this, so just consider this post a reminder to "check-your-six" 24/7. ---

Comment

Car show at Keith's
      HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes

Besides being big, it's really

a pretty old building

They knew how to build 'em 90 years ago!

It was built in the rear of a mule-trading

facility. How cool is that! -- 8)

Comment

WOW very cool.

Comment

Tonya mentioned that I shouldn't put these pictures up here yet... and she's right...

I just got excited... the fella we are buying it from has asked that I not advertize it and this could be seen as that... so... there ya go.

I have them if you want to see pictures I'll share then one on one... until I have the deal closed...

K

Comment

When you say Clean up... or I wanna help... Hmmm Ya might want to think TWICE.... LOL

This is the top of one half of one side... so your looking at 1/2 or the top floor in the Track side bay of the double hanger roof...

This place is so big that once inside you can Honestly get lost and you have to constantly try and reference something to maintain where in the hell you are....

K

Comment

Where is this monster at??

Comment

Got a dump truck and a loader? Take care of that real fast. Even a Loader/Backhoe with a hefty pickup truck will do. Any pictures of what needs to be destroyed *cough* I mean removed for clean up?
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Very cool. You definitely have a lot of work ahead of you. If you were near by I'd offer to help.

Comment

Look those roof trusses over real good expecially on the ends by the walls for rot. These type of roofs are notorius for leaks. When the ends rot the middle sags and pushes the wall out. I dont want to scare you just beware i have been there and it is not cheap to fix.

Comment

I should mention the building i was in the walls went up higher than the roofline. That led to a lot of problems with drainage.

Comment

Cool garage, Keith. Looks like you could run a motorcycle flat track race inside.
                          Cognizant Dissident

Comment

The building is really segregated into three or four main structures... the 2 hanger roof's are over the main warehouse... it's around 45,000' on it's own... then the other 3 buildings or additions to the front are kind of a mess... of course they are the oldest so that makes sense...

The front is where we originally wanted to put our house... I'm not sure now... though today was interesting we might have a place up there by the glass block side... but it would be two story... ( not a fan of another 2 story house)...

Anyway... ask questions I'll answer all but how much and where...

K

Comment

That place looks great. I always wanted a place like that.

We looked at a place a few years ago out in the middle of the country that is on 20+ acres. It's an old apple storage warehouse with (if my memory serves me) about 60,000 SF. I believe that asking price was around $95,000. The roof needed some work on one end of the building. In the end we decided that we didn't need that kind of a project. I went past it about a month ago and the roof has collapsed on the end of the building that was bad...

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                                Anyway... ask questions I'll answer all
                                K
                                What are you planing to do with it, store motorhomes?

Where's the dynoroom going to be?

Do you want to adopt me?

Wishing you the best on this madness venture......
                                There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Working...
                                X