The Warehouse....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Warehouse....

Okay guys.... here ya go... Tonya and I have been looking at a Warehouse downtown for 2 yrs now... it's been interesting.. the sellers don't want to go fast... but they want to sell it because of the liablilty... and We don't want to go fast because of the liablity... so it's been a LONG drawn out process...

Yesterday we had a meeting with them where we finally talked about a price.. Didn't get to a price... but we did talk about one... Them wanting to get as much as they can and us wanting it as cheap as we can get it.

I'll get some pictures later today... but the basic building is an old plant... it takes up Half a city block... so you can read that to be 200' X 400' less some cut in's and out's... basically it's 71,000 square feet. It's got 15-30" thick brick walls... full scale top to bottom, and stands 2 stories plus high....

Okay... who's sporting a chubby so far? This is the ultimate dream building... inside the main warehouse it's got a full upper floor on one side.... Double hanger style roof's...

Several of the drag week folks have seen pic's... What would you guys say if I said Tonya was willing to build a house inside of it?

No kidding... LOL... whew...

Keith ( I got the KEYS yesterday so I can go in )...

Re: The Warehouse....

Sweet, you and Miss Tonya were both giddy like school kids talking about the place. Does the cleanup still look to be a long ordeal?

Comment

No... I got the actual EPA stuff and it's just some basic asbesto's floor tiles... Lead paint and a few pipe covers... nothing big at all... The actual clean up on the other hand is a year or two project by myself or with a Very small crew.

Yeah we've been full circle on this thing many times and it's a scary deal... but Yeah it's Freaking Cool as hell....

K

Comment

Sounds sweet as, Keith !!!
        ;D

Comment

Wow - that would be incredably cool.

There is a guy on the HAMB that has done that and also has the coolest toys filling the place. You might want to talk to him about the hidden gotchas of a building like that. DO a search on "vintage houses" and the thread should show up.

Comment

I consider my wife to be pretty cool when it comes to car stuff, but I dont think she would EVER go for something like this.

Comment

I'm suddenly picturing that oil ad from a few years back..shows a 17-door garage, and as it pans over, a Monte Carlo SS in the drive and a Coleman tent next to it. :D

Sounds sweet. Just be very careful if you're gonna do the repairs yourself, those absetos tiles can be an outright bitch to remove, depending on how it was laid down to begin with.
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Kieth I tell you what man, you better never let her go, you wont find another like her, that will let you get that kind of stuff and be ok with it.

Sounds like the place to have, room enough for a wind tunnel and Bar Stool races.
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Cool Keith! Glad you finally got into it.

Folks - When my bride and I were in Enterprise, K&T took us to see the place. It's way cooler than can be explained in words on here. Besides being big, it's really a pretty old building with GREAT brick work. I, of course, am jealous. They have a Boll Weevil monument - the world's ONLY monument to an insect, they tell me. Top THAT!

Keith - when you need a hand, give me a call. There are some things I can't do, but there's lots I can, and I'd be happy to help. You'll have to put me up, and put up with me.

Hope all works out
                  Dan

Comment

That is awesome. I've been trying to work out financing on 6,000sqft autoshop since December, too many strings seemed to be attached to Commercial Property Loans if you don't want to run it as a Buisness. Just yesterday I submitted a Buisness Loan App to a Credit Union that said they'd look at it as a simple debit/income ratio calculation and not worry about buisness cashflow as long as my personal income is sufficient. I'd be interested on the "how" you plan on finacing it (unless of course you pay cash out right :o). Pictures will be great, that is a tremendous amount of indoor space. Congrats and Good Luck!
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

car junkie clean up party at keiths

Comment

BBQ, Beer & T-shirts too?
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Free inside parking... for the first 1000 cars... Upstairs lifts for early arrivals...

Yep it's got three lift's in it... they are small right now... but that's something to work on eh?

Hmmm now to get these pic's off my camera...

Keith

Comment

Does this mean I can actually see inside this thing when I come over!!!!! I cant wait to make this trip now. This building is huge. Keith hows the basement looking????????????

Comment

That would be cool as hell! Loft style apartment living with the ultimate garage space!

Anyway to get the city to offer tax incentives for cleaning up the building? Maybe do a small storefront business in part of it for the same reason?

Comment

Working...
                              X