Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silver_bullet
    replied
    We used to actually make a "package tray" to replace the base cushion as well....usually padding the mounting positions with closed cell urethane foam available at HVAC suppliers....put black carpet over it and call it done.....it often provided a good place for transporting items / or luggage....
    Last edited by silver_bullet; November 1, 2022, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    The ever-popular "learning experience".
    I've been videoing all this for Weeville Garage. That was my opening line, except I said to call this a learning experience would be an understatement. The Kilmat stuff is working great in the trunk to seal off and secure that piece of wood.
    Last edited by pdub; November 1, 2022, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Originally posted by pdub View Post

You mean like this? That gets it all the way to the bottom of the backseat and it's a pretty good muffler by itself I'll bet. I've got a few more sheets left to play around with the piece of wood and in the trunk. When I put that wood in there I was just looking for appearance - fill in the hole where the upper backseat used to be. Well, I left an inch gap at the bottom of the wood so I've been riding around hearing everything that goes on in the trunk.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0046.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	1328288

Name:	100_0048.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1328289
    Red pool noodle to fill in that 1" gap at the bottom

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    [QUOTE=pdub;n1328287]

You mean like this? That gets it all the way to the bottom of the backseat and it's a pretty good muffler by itself I'll bet. I've got a few more sheets left to play around with the piece of wood and in the trunk. When I put that wood in there I was just looking for appearance - fill in the hole where the upper backseat used to be. Well, I left an inch gap at the bottom of the wood so I've been riding around hearing everything that goes on in the trunk./QUOTE]

The ever-popular "learning experience".

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
    If you're going full quiet than cover every square inch!
    You mean like this? That gets it all the way to the bottom of the backseat and it's a pretty good muffler by itself I'll bet. I've got a few more sheets left to play around with the piece of wood and in the trunk. When I put that wood in there I was just looking for appearance - fill in the hole where the upper backseat used to be. Well, I left an inch gap at the bottom of the wood so I've been riding around hearing everything that goes on in the trunk.

Name:	100_0046.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	1328288

Name:	100_0048.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1328289

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

I wouldn't recommend it on a living subject because it's not dampener, it's deadener.
    Bummer.......

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    If I put that stuff inside my skull will it dampen the sound of the voices? Nothing else has worked, especially at 1:00 AM.
    I wouldn't recommend it on a living subject because it's not dampener, it's deadener.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    If I put that stuff inside my skull will it dampen the sound of the voices? Nothing else has worked, especially at 1:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Working on stuff makes us notice stuff I reckon. I never knew, Red's got two rubber plugs in the floorboard, one on each side in front of the backseat. I can only imagine this would be to let water out if the car gets flooded? I put sound deadener over them. Now I won't have to listen to the gurgling noise.

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0045.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.9 KB ID:	1328247
    Last edited by pdub; October 31, 2022, 02:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    I used a similar product for Mary's coupe. Since I don't know how noisy it would have been without it, I don't know how well it's working. I do believe it keeps the metal from 'ringing', so that's a plus. You should be able to make a good comparison pdub.......like, 'before and after'.
    Red's got Magnaflows so he wasn't noisy at all until I deleted the upper backseat to put the roll bar in. It'll take 3+ sheets of the stuff to cover that piece of wood over the hole. If that doesn't help I'll do the whole bottom of the trunk. There's a lot of stuff in that box but if I run out I'll order some more. It's gonna take me a while, I'm in no hurry.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    I used a similar product for Mary's coupe. Since I don't know how noisy it would have been without it, I don't know how well it's working. I do believe it keeps the metal from 'ringing', so that's a plus. You should be able to make a good comparison pdub.......like, 'before and after'.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by Redline04 View Post

Yeah, I got it Thank you for the update! Did you get a kit specifically for Red, or is it a universal trim to fit type kit?
    It's a box full of sheets and you cut whatever shape you want. It's easy to cut to shape with household scissors or with a utility knife. There's 36 square feet in the box and the box weighs 18 pounds. It was $68 from Amazon. It took a week or so to get here.

Name:	100_0044.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1328202

Name:	100_0043.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	1328201

Leave a comment:

• Redline04
    replied

The stuff just got here today. I can already say it's real easy to work with. It's pliable and it's got enough glue on it to hang there but no so much that you can't move it around some before you mash on it. Warm it up with a heat gun and then work out on it with a seam roller and it's on there. I'll almost even say it's fun to work with but ask me in a few days when I'm good and sick and tired of putting it on there. And then whether or not it actually "works" will be another personal opinion further down the road. (Get it? Further down the road...hahaha)
    Yeah, I got it Thank you for the update! Did you get a kit specifically for Red, or is it a universal trim to fit type kit?

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by Redline04 View Post

Let me know how that KILMAT works out for ya.
    The stuff just got here today. I can already say it's real easy to work with. It's pliable and it's got enough glue on it to hang there but no so much that you can't move it around some before you mash on it. Warm it up with a heat gun and then work out on it with a seam roller and it's on there. I'll almost even say it's fun to work with but ask me in a few days when I'm good and sick and tired of putting it on there. And then whether or not it actually "works" will be another personal opinion further down the road. (Get it? Further down the road...hahaha)

Name:	100_0042.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	1328184
    Last edited by pdub; October 30, 2022, 12:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    I am pretty sure that stuff will stick to anything. I assume the foam in the seat acted as a sound deadening. I would put a layer in on it. Pull the spare tire and put some on the well in the truck.

The best sound deadening I have ever done on my car is add a turbo! It killed the flow masters drown!
    One of the videos I watched, a dude was deadening a van. I mean a full sized panel delivery van. He said I'll show you far I've gotten so far, I've had to order some more stuff. He opened the door and "had to order some more stuff" became a pretty funny punchline. He was going crazy with the stuff, like he was trying to make a rolling music recording studio or something. And yeah, he didn't get far with one box of the stuff. Not far at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X