Your favorite song (mis)lyrics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite song (mis)lyrics!

Just saw a movie trailer for a movie something about Tammie Wynette and George Jones. In it was her most known song "Stand on your hands..." a song about doing yoga.

So what is your favorite mashup? I'm thinking Dan will have at least one. After all we drove our significant others crazy more times than I can remember, going off on this topic!

The classic Jimi Hendrix "S'cuse me while I kiss this guy" was never my take...I had it right ("the sky", duh) originally but was amused when Ozzy Osbourne brought the said-to-be-common error to my attention in some interview or something long ago. For me, misunderstood lyrics comprised most of the Rolling Stones song Brown Sugar, and I ain't gonna describe here all the details of that. I as a kid thought it was a cool song, realized later what the hard-to-understand lyrics actually were instead of what I thought (for one example, some kind-of "beer, sold in a market in New Orleans" was not what they said) and as far as I know even Mick don't sing the song anymore. With all that, a gal it was supposed to be about was happy to claim the honor a while back so no harm / no foul I suppose.

Comment

Of course Springsteen's lyric now comes to mind, "wrapped up like a douche"... like a deuce(2). But then again I bet we all know someone who fits the (mis)lyric!

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
        Of course Springsteen's lyric now comes to mind, "wrapped up like a douche"... like a deuce(2). But then again I bet we all know someone who fits the (mis)lyric!
        It's actually "Turned loose like a goose". Evidently "Loose as a goose" is not a thing in Manfred Mann land and he sang "wrapped up like a deuce" whatever the heck that meant.

One of my faves is actually the right lyrics but I don't think Elvis thought thru what he was singing. "Number 47 said to number 3, you're the cutest jailbird I ever did see......" Then as now jails are not gender integrated so evidently one male jailbird was hitting on another, probably not something that would be sung about in - what - 1955 or 56.

Comment

Picky, picky, picky. Now how about some other songs?

Comment

creedence--
            dont come round tonight, its sure to take your life
            theres a bathroom on the right....

stones--
            ill never be a pizza burning

beatles--
            shes got a chicken to fry

toto--
            i bought some slaves down in africa

the knack--
            my scrotum

etc etc etc....

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

It's actually "Turned loose like a goose". Evidently "Loose as a goose" is not a thing in Manfred Mann land and he sang "wrapped up like a deuce" whatever the heck that meant.

One of my faves is actually the right lyrics but I don't think Elvis thought thru what he was singing. "Number 47 said to number 3, you're the cutest jailbird I ever did see......" Then as now jails are not gender integrated so evidently one male jailbird was hitting on another, probably not something that would be sung about in - what - 1955 or 56.
              That was the lyric and I think it was acceptable back then. Plus it rhymed. If you think back you might recall some WWII era footage where guys danced together because there weren't any women around.............not gay at all, but practical.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

That was the lyric and I think it was acceptable back then. Plus it rhymed. If you think back you might recall some WWII era footage where guys danced together because there weren't any women around.............not gay at all, but practical.
                OK - if that's how you want to see it. That's certainly the kindest possible interpretation.
                Last edited by DanStokes; November 18, 2022, 12:12 PM.

Comment

OK - if that's how you want to see it. That's certainly the kindest possible interpretation.
                  Well, that's how I heard it when it was #1, and that's how I interpreted it. Another guy was told "if you can't find a partner use a wooden chair".
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

At my age, Getting the songs lyrics wrong is a given. Good thing I only try to sing when in Vehicle alone or home/garage alone As it is painful for anyone in ear shot Even if I get the words right.
                    My biggest problem Is I start singing with a song and mid way through start singing the lyrics of the Weird Al. parody mixed in with the original making for many a WTF moment .
                    Last edited by 2020 mustang; November 18, 2022, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Deep Purple: Should be Smoke on the water, someone I know was in a small town bar in southern Alberta eons ago, the band that night was singing Slow Motion Walter?
                      Last edited by Tubbed Pacecar; November 19, 2022, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2020 mustang View Post
                        My biggest problem Is I start singing with a song and mid way through start singing the lyrics of the Weird Al. parody mixed in with the original making for many a WTF moment .
                        now add in a heavy dose of xxx ratedness and thats me, too.... unfortunately.

Comment

How about the Stone's song "Some pate for the devil".

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post
                            How about the Stone's song "Some pate for the devil".
                            Yummmm!

Comment

Yummmm!
                              So forcemeat is one of your favorite things in lfe? Go ahead, ask what is forcemeat? I double dog dare you!

Comment

Working...
                              X