Et tu Wix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Et tu Wix?

as I commented on the video - 2 huge problems.... 1) spring height and pressure is what determines bypass. All filters bypass, but not controlling that bypass can lead to a cascade of trouble
    2nd - cellulose. Cardboard. I've found fibers in motors from filters that use cellulose (e.g. Fram). Not just that but the video shows they're actually more porous... not why you put a filter on a motor....

caveat emptor, but I do know that if it says "China" I'm not buying it. According to some on that video Wix can be made all over the place.... should you cut apart a US one to verify. Yes, yes you should.

The only filter I trust at the moment are K&N - but they're not available for all cars.... cloth media.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Enlightening!!!
    Wix used to be a Top of the Line Filter.
    I would not Recommend Fram Filters As the Inside is
    Cardboard and Cheesy Paper.

Makes you Think of Finding one of those old
    Lubrifiners that the Old Detroit Diesel's used.
    They usually were mounted outside on the frame as a auxiliary filter And add about a couple of Gallons lof Oil at Changes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	post-5240-0-19407700-1384386384.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	1329355
    Last edited by Captain; November 24, 2022, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I have used, and will use again, an Oberg screen filter. Nothing gets thrown out except for the residual oil, debris, and cleaning solvent. And the condition of the engine gets evaluated without having to cut a filter open. It has a bypass, but mine is set for a pretty high pressure, somewhere around 80 psi. It's been on a v6 fiero, a 1275 Mini engine, a small block Chevy, and soon the whatever project. Pretty good investment.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        ... All filters bypass ...
        Well, maybe not quite all ....

Comment

okay Karen, all spin on filters bypass for stock vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            ... Karen ...
            I always think of myself as a Stacie

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

I always think of myself as a Stacie
              lol... fair enough

Comment

Thanks you the enlightenment I had always bought with and then started bying mobile 1 filters . I have a felling I'm going to regret saying it . But I'll get K&N the next time.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I just now put a Mobil1 filter on Red, that's interesting stuff. I had idea, I get whatever they have that fits and it's always been whatever they have at Auto Zone at the time. Fram, STP, no telling what all. I think one time I got a K&N because that's all they had.
                  Last edited by pdub; November 26, 2022, 05:49 PM.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                    I just now put a Mobil1 filter on Red, that's interesting stuff. I had idea, I get whatever they have that fits and it's always been whatever they have at Auto Zone at the time. Fram, STP, no telling what all. I think one time I got a K&N because that's all they had.
                    What!!??!!?? Nothing but Auto Zone there in Cleveland?
                    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post

What!!??!!?? Nothing but Auto Zone there in Cleveland?
                      We've got 'em all but AZ is the closest one to the house. It's a habit.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                      X