Optima 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optima 2023

west coast early, east coast late.... outside of NOLA....

thinking Thunderhill and PIR.... no Utah this year. And no to Leguna Seca... I'd LOVE to run that track but the noise limit - I'd get tossed.

Thunderhill March 3-5th

NOLA Motorsports Park March 10-12th

Laguna Seca May 5-7th

Portland International Raceway July 21-23rd

Road America July 28-30th

Daytona International Speedway August 5-6th

VIRginia International Raceway October 6-8th

OUSCI Las Vegas October 31st to November 4th

Registration for the 2023 season will open on December 26th at www.DriveOPTIMA.com
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I never thought I'd be this guy but we have a small ( I'd guess its a 1/8 mile paved round or oval track 3 miles from me . When they run on Friday and Saturday nights I can hear them as well as a guy a half block away firing up a car with open headers . That's ridiculous. If they all ran muffs then nobody would have a disadvantage., and the crowd wouldn't need as much ear muffins. They also have drift competitions . I think they are the loudest .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Attended a drift competition before! Most of the competitors either ran open headers, or had the exhaust for the turbo chargers and waste gates, going directly through the hood! I would tend believe as you said that the drift competitions are the loudest… they also tend to run on the rev limiter all the time, and thereby quite exciting!
      Last edited by silver_bullet; December 2, 2022, 05:44 AM.
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I'm going to be so disappointed if there isn't a BS east contingent who run Road Atlanta.... Pdub, this has your name all over it.... maybe make Superman come too.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          I'm going to be so disappointed if there isn't a BS east contingent who run Road Atlanta.... Pdub, this has your name all over it.... maybe make Superman come too.
          Yeah, that !

Comment

I see Road America up there in the frozen wasteland...I don't see Road Atlanta...
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

I see Road America up there in the frozen wasteland...I don't see Road Atlanta...
              okay fair enough - still, breathing the free air of Texas is a thing you should experience. Point remains, you really should do this - it's an utter kick.... and do practice the brake challenge....

of course, me going to hell (or same thing) Texas in July/August is a hard nope.
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 2, 2022, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Of course, this also means that if I'm racing in March - odds of me doing the port injection fuel system before that date is pretty much zero... however, if I do well enough, the Silver State Challenge is a potential because I won't do Portland.

Comment

Point remains, you really should do this
                  Thanks, but I've seen the TV show and that's WAAAAY too much of a competition for me and for Red. I'd be taking up the space and the time from somebody who wants to "win" and is capable of it. There's that and to tell the whole truth I wouldn't go across town to do autocross again, let alone all the way to Daytona. Daytona would be the spot. They'd be calling for everybody to line up for the drive around downtown portion of the competition and it would be, "Where's peewee?" Somebody go get peewee, he's still running laps on the road course and he won't stop.

And then there's the beauty contest - who bolted this storebought roll bar in there and why are there so many extra holes? (loud buzzer sound)
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Thanks, but I've seen the TV show and that's WAAAAY too much of a competition for me and for Red. I'd be taking up the space and the time from somebody who wants to "win" and is capable of it. There's that and to tell the whole truth I wouldn't go across town to do autocross again, let alone all the way to Daytona. Daytona would be the spot. They'd be calling for everybody to line up for the drive around downtown portion of the competition and it would be, "Where's peewee?" Somebody go get peewee, he's still running laps on the road course and he won't stop.

And then there's the beauty contest - who bolted this storebought roll bar in there and why are there so many extra holes? (loud buzzer sound)
                    someone really needs to explain to you about 'looks good on tv' really isn't..... promise, you won't be worst - best part is you'll be faster than all those people with the Bosozuko.

plus.... if what you said was the case, then the hydrogen powered truck would never have been invited (yes, I'm salty about that)...

Comment

west coast early, east coast late.... outside of NOLA....

thinking Thunderhill and PIR.... no Utah this year. And no to Leguna Seca... I'd LOVE to run that track but the noise limit - I'd get tossed.

Thunderhill March 3-5th

NOLA Motorsports Park March 10-12th

Laguna Seca May 5-7th

Portland International Raceway July 21-23rd

Road America July 28-30th

Daytona International Speedway August 5-6th

VIRginia International Raceway October 6-8th

OUSCI Las Vegas October 31st to November 4th

Registration for the 2023 season will open on December 26th at www.DriveOPTIMA.com
                      My vote is for VIR! Planning on taking the Cadillac next Friday for charity laps. Depending on who is running and the weather you can hear the track at my parents if you know what to listen for. It about a dozen miles away crow flies.

If any BSer are coming let me know I will be your pit crew. Just have to let me know before my wife fills up the calendar.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                        My vote is for VIR! Planning on taking the Cadillac next Friday for charity laps. Depending on who is running and the weather you can hear the track at my parents if you know what to listen for. It about a dozen miles away crow flies.

If any BSer are coming let me know I will be your pit crew. Just have to let me know before my wife fills up the calendar.
                        it'd be cool to have a BS'er running every event. There's certainly the skill and cars here to make that happen. That said, we'd have to get the Texas contingent to stop the straight lines for a moment to go do some turns in their Foxbodies
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 3, 2022, 10:59 PM.

Comment

In more nuts and bolts. My RV needs front tires, brakes, and maybe 4wd to get to Cali in March. Weird part is that is probably the biggest challenge to overcome for this. From what I understand Willow (the town of) is an hour from the track - thus staying at the track makes the most sense.... and. I have to cross the Sierra Nevadas to get there... and I don't have chains for the motorhome or the trailer. Also means taking an extra day of travel time (10 hours by car - so at least another 3 hours by motorhome).... hmmmm... but the bright side is I get my pooch with me and the track has shore power (Thunderhill). fuel is actually a wash because hotels in Willow cost $400-$600 for the weekend - thus extra fuel cost is actually covered by not staying in a hotel.

July in Portland is easy. And to be honest, I'll stay at the track long before I stay at the cesspool that surrounds the track... there were stories about those who didn't stay at the track. The track was nice and very quiet.

the more I think about this, the more committed I am to doing it. Outside of weather challenges, this would be a perfect event.
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 3, 2022, 11:14 PM.

Comment

..........of course, me going to hell...........

pretty sure youre not allowed in hell
                            as satan still has a T.R.O. out on you....

Comment

Working...
                            X