Whut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whut?

So Dad and I keep getting mail for this guy who does not live here. The house has been in the family since the late 70's. I write Not at this address on the envelope, hand it to the Post Office clerk with an explanation, and 2 days later it's in my mailbox again.

Today I got a box expecting it to be a recent Amazon order. Cut it open.... it's 2 ball caps. Packing order says it contains 1 free cap, a cap costing $32, and a free T-shirt. T-shirt must have been invisible. I never heard of the company in Texas. Looked at the address.... It's for mystery guy!

Emailed customer service, they shrugged their shoulders and told me to keep the caps. I'll bet good money I get another box in a couple days containing 2 ball caps and a T-shirt.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

PO just delivers the mail. Its the company who sends it that you need to contact. My mom passed away several years ago and I received mail for her in our shared PO box for years. The first few months I understood and called to cancel. A few of these companies kept it coming and I kept calling to explain she had passed away. So after several attempts I went full blown profanity tyraid on them "my mom is GD dead you dumb ass mother effers stop sending GD catalogs to my dead mother so I can get over the fact she passed away"

Comment

Its the company who sends it that you need to contact.
      No shit. Did you read the ENTIRE post?

Comment

there is some convoluted scam going on out there with sending stuff to the wrong addresses. they do it to create false ratings.

basically they send you crap - usually bought with stolen credit information - then use your 'verified purchase' to boast about how great they are; which convinces other people to buy their stuff. To me, it seems like a lot of work for very little return - but then again, they teach things in school which have similar returns so I dunno....
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 3, 2022, 08:06 AM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Our address is literally one letter different from another house on our same circle - I don't know who the idiot was who numbered the sub. The neighbor thing is a real PITA when we have a temporary letter carrier. We often just put their mail in their box and vise-versa as they have similar issues. So we get their mail regularly as well as the occasional mystery person's mail. We just mark them and put them back in the mail box but so far we haven't had and returns like you did so I have no explanation for that.

Comment

Had a cop pal do a search. The guy has had 6 addresses in the area, with a long rap sheet of mostly stupid stuff - possession, drunk driving, drunk & disorderly, etc. One of his addresses is my house number, but a different street name. I guess he can't remember what's he's doing when ordering.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
              So Dad and I keep getting mail for this guy who does not live here. The house has been in the family since the late 70's. I write Not at this address on the envelope, hand it to the Post Office clerk with an explanation, and 2 days later it's in my mailbox again.

Today I got a box expecting it to be a recent Amazon order. Cut it open.... it's 2 ball caps. Packing order says it contains 1 free cap, a cap costing $32, and a free T-shirt. T-shirt must have been invisible. I never heard of the company in Texas. Looked at the address.... It's for mystery guy!

Emailed customer service, they shrugged their shoulders and told me to keep the caps. I'll bet good money I get another box in a couple days containing 2 ball caps and a T-shirt.
              Sounds like you'll never have to buy another cap in the future . Hopefully it's something advertising something cool and not something like adult depends .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

It's from Dale Brisby. He's this unfunny comedian on YouTube talking about ranching and rodeos.

Comment

[QUOTE=studemax;n1329633]

No shit. Did you read the ENTIRE post?

[/QUOTE

Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Comment

Something simple as Way Back when everyone still had a Land Line......the printing company for the phone books, crossed names and addresses, but not the phone number.(Thank God)
                    I still get mail for these people, AND YES Both have Passed Away !!!!
                    I just Toss it, or if I collect the mail on the way into Town,
                    I give it to their Grand Daughter in Law working at the Beer Store. We jokingly Call Each Other By Mister and Misses sharing the same Last Name......AND NOT RELATED!!
                    The Locals get it, the Tourists just think
                    "Them Timber Hillbilly's" they'll marry the Daughters of the Family.......LOL
                    Last edited by Captain; December 5, 2022, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Just got another box with a ballcap in it - from Indiana. The guy must have a new credit card and he's shopping while drunk.

Comment

Hope they're the adjustable sort... sized hats too small would make it even more laughable.

Comment

It's all good.

Comment

Working...
                          X