Because Forklift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Or in an orchard where the dean of boys is having a nice, meditative walk. Apparently, or at least according to him, it did not help his spirituality. It did aid his vocabulary. Not saying that he was a bit simple but we explained to him that we were knocking the aphids (I'm embarrassed to admit that) out of the walnut trees. Thankfully he never asked our boss....

the longer story. as most know, I went to boarding school. My freshman year I was assigned to work on the farm. The school had 300 acres of walnut trees. One bright morning, we were sent to a pump station to fix the pump. We took the torches but then I was also told to get some garbage bags and toilet paper by the senior who was in charge (Troy). As we're slllooowwwlllly going out on the tractor, I ask about the bags. Troy explains to me that I need to know how to properly create a gas bag. A gas bag? I had been raised on a farm/hobby ranch but I had no idea. So we got about 1/2 way to our destination, and Troy stopped and showed me how to properly build a gas bag bomb. Important farm stuff for sure. The dean of men (no joke Dick Peterson) was out walking in the morning enjoying some spiritual time - the gas bag bomb went off about 100 feet above his head. No harm but whatever few follicles on his head he had were gone. He said a couple "bad" words. That was how we knew he was nearby..... ut oh? Dick comes, Troy explains, Dick goes.... then we laugh... for at least two weeks any time someone said bag or tp, Troy and I would burst out laughing.... good times. Ostensibly my parents sent me to boarding school to increase my spiritual nature. Never did tell them that I help Dick gain his too...
    Could you say he "found" god that day?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.g.in.gansevoort View Post

Could you say he "found" god that day?
      He was a relatively nice guy. I had much much worse over time, but he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He missed some situations with other people - such as his assistant dean - that really caused some issues. What was worse was his wife and son were a chip off the old block. But those are stories for another day.
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 28, 2023, 06:08 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
      X