Indy salt flats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy salt flats

I've been out to the Indy Salt flats this week, maybe hit 80 mph, thought I'd show you some pictures,bonniville style. Also check out my temporary DF style avatar, with MY signature beverage!

Re: Indy salt flats

Good one!

Can just hear those salt-fed rust worms munchin' like metal termites!! :o

Time for an over-under pressure wash!

(Wintered-over at Ft. Benjie once...very windy.)

Comment

outch, that hurts. You need a beater, the GTA deserves better.
      Living the dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbuds1
        outch, that hurts. You need a beater, the GTA deserves better.
        I'm working on it... see my '89 in the project car section "Latest Bird the Cat Drug Home"... I just don't have it on the road yet!

Comment

I've worked out of Wakarusa, the roads were very kind to my dodge...yeah right.

Comment

Hey Hoosier. Didja know that car will go 300 mph with a few little tweeks? ;)
            There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

LOL...I think I was on the exact same salt flat...but I was in my Tahoe...30F plates huh...Greenfield??....I live in Rushville

Comment

I do not miss that crap...growing up in Pennsylvania that was such a common sight you never really thought about how much damamge its doing to your car....

Comment

Originally posted by Dynoroom
                  Hey Hoosier. Didja know that car will go 300 mph with a few little tweeks? ;)
                  I had a little bit of the LSR bug and KT & Dan stoked it plan on getting down to Maxton this spring with the GTA and fellow member Vortec RS . Just hope I don't get lucky an hit 135 and make KT mad for no cage.

Comment

I need to take a picture of my semi truck,after a weeks worth of driving in this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel25A
                      LOL...I think I was on the exact same salt flat...but I was in my Tahoe...30F plates huh...Greenfield??....I live in Rushville
                      If you make a big triangle of G-field ,New Palistine , and the intersection of state roads 9and 52 I'm about in the middle.

Comment

Cool...I drive out 52 a fair amount of time from my job in Indy

Comment

Hey BIGBUDS I have a question for you . You've ran maxton and I've seen you hit 129.something . I was wondering performance wise whats been done to it? 350 TPI / 700R ? and what rear gear and tranny gear you were in at the end , also do you remimber the rpms you were spinning? Sorry for all the questions but I want to have a idiea what to expect.

Comment

nice avatar. you look like one of the Bears fans from snl.

DAA Bears.

(im only kidding around of course ;D)

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                              I do not miss that crap...growing up in Pennsylvania that was such a common sight you never really thought about how much damamge its doing to your car....
                              I've lived in IN, KY, MI,and believe it or not Erie Pa. for nine mouths sept. thru june .It blew me away how many cars had rusted half away and they just got out the sheet metal and the pop riviter and got them thru inspection again!

Comment

Working...
                              X