X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just added to my bucket list of things to build - add yours

*stuff that doesn't really fit in the project cars section*
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I am building a shelf /table top out of a door that is 34" by 80" to put on top of the home heating oil tank. building is all of cutting out parts so the fuel level and pipes clear then adding legs to straddle the tank to hold it in place. . Ordered 2 shoe holders that normally hang on the back of a door, they will be strapped to the tank or hanging off the door shelf have to wait to see once they get here. and used to hold spray paint cans, wd40, spray white grease , and stuff like that.

Other item is a shelf to hold all the cordless tool chargers and 12 inches pieces of 4" pcv pipe cut a u shape out of it, and mount them on shelve bottom to hold each tool when not in use, With a power strip above the shelve with dual gang boxes for each charger one side with outlet, other side a timer switch to turn on charger for 15 or 30 or 45 minutes when needed. I don't trust the chargers to be plugged in all the time and power going to them. I may use a riffle safe so the batteries are less likely to burn house down if one starts burning. Depends on if I find a yard sale, garage sale find safe.
    Last edited by 2020 mustang; February 5, 2023, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Don't even get me started on this one boys. I've got 100 things I could add to this thread AT LEAST! LOL
      "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by 2020 mustang View Post
        I am building a shelf /table top out of a door that is 34" by 80" to put on top of the home heating oil tank. building is all of cutting out parts so the fuel level and pipes clear then adding legs to straddle the tank to hold it in place. . Ordered 2 shoe holders that normally hang on the back of a door, they will be strapped to the tank or hanging off the door shelf have to wait to see once they get here. and used to hold spray paint cans, wd40, spray white grease , and stuff like that.

Other item is a shelf to hold all the cordless tool chargers and 12 inches pieces of 4" pcv pipe cut a u shape out of it, and mount them on shelve bottom to hold each tool when not in use, With a power strip above the shelve with dual gang boxes for each charger one side with outlet, other side a timer switch to turn on charger for 15 or 30 or 45 minutes when needed. I don't trust the chargers to be plugged in all the time and power going to them. I may use a riffle safe so the batteries are less likely to burn house down if one starts burning. Depends on if I find a yard sale, garage sale find safe.
        We're gonna need some photos as these projects come together.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I've been kicking around the idea of adding a carport in front of the shop, 30' wide by maybe 20 feet deep and 12 feet high. It would keep the rain off when working outside and I could drop a tarp off to make a spray booth. But being at the age where I don't buy green bananas, probably not.

Comment

That would give you a great place to wash vehicles too..........
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
            X