Optima who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optima who?

So I called Summit racing to see about why they didn't give 10% off coupons at the challenge. It's the first race of the year so sometimes stuff happens.

What I've learned is Summit doesn't know anything about the Optima Challenge.... "you guys are sponsors, you even gave them banners" "do they have other sponsors" "sure, Holley, QA1, Optima..." "oh, I'm having trouble finding it in our system"...

somehow, this totally makes sense and is absolutely hilarious....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I would bet that summits phone customer service is a off site call center with any joe blow behind a keyboard. As the American customer is so cheap they ran the mom/pop speed shops out of business, then ask for coupon codes, summit coupons on top of that. So they can't afford to pay help that know the products and information about sponsored events.
      I am not privy to their business, but I am willing to bet it is like most others that have to cut corners to be able to sell at the lowest pricing .
      Funny thing is "WE BUILT THAT" Then complain about it.

Comment

Mostly unrelated, but Summit is still a valuable place to shop.
        With eBay, Amazon and Rockauto helping to ease shopping, I was reminded recently that Summit still has
        great pricing, decent website, and most important for us foreigners- free shipping to canada.
        With tax and duty displayed in the cart.

...but if you find discount codes, I have a car to build!
        1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
        1997 Mustang GT
        sigpic

Comment

The only speed shop near me never had any prices on stuff . You had to ask how much it was . And I got the feeling they thought , " If you have to ask you can't afford it ." There were a few times I needed something like a oil gage on a newly dropped in engine and wanted to make sure it was primed . And boy did they hit my wallet when I told them what I wanted and assumed the price would be a little higher than Summit .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Teddyzee View Post
            Mostly unrelated, but Summit is still a valuable place to shop.
            With eBay, Amazon and Rockauto helping to ease shopping, I was reminded recently that Summit still has
            great pricing, decent website, and most important for us foreigners- free shipping to canada.
            With tax and duty displayed in the cart.

...but if you find discount codes, I have a car to build!
            If Monster was any good, he'd have already got us a BS code.... just sayin'

Comment

Wowe big fella. That's a bit above my pay grade and kinda a Chad or Brian type thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                Wowe big fella. That's a bit above my pay grade and kinda a Chad or Brian type thing.

tell them to get on it... chop chop.

Comment

You believe that I have any more sway than you do ?

Comment

Man at Summit: "Bang-Shift, who?"

Click image for larger version

Name:	cubicle man.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1333890

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                      You believe that I have any more sway than you do ?
                      I did buy Lohnes steak.... but you can ban him, I can't - so I do believe that you do have more powah.

Comment

Working...
                      X