Had a GREAT weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a GREAT weekend!

This past weekend was a marathon one. Friday night was a Club Clash event (my wife and I race for a corvette club). I went out first round but Momma went four rounds and earned some badly needed points for the club. She's one helluva bracket racer!

Saturday was a King Street Super Series Race. I went to the second roud where I just flat got beat by the guy who was #2 in points.....bummer.

On Sunday, it was the US Performance Streetcar Shootout and another King Street race. I qualified #64 out of a 73 car field and went on to bring this home:

This should move me up into the top 15, if not top ten in points for the series. This was a pretty huge deal for me as it was the first race since the start of the season that I've been able to get past 1st round....WOO HOO!!!
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Re: Had a GREAT weekend!

Nice job. Sounds like a fun weekend.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Way to go Dan !!
      Sounds like you both have a blast ...
      :D

Comment

We did....I haven't had a marathon weekend like that in 20 years I bet. All the old hotrod needs is an oil change and she's ready to do battle again.

Comment

Dan tested.....drag week approved.

NICE!

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

WAY TO GO!!!

Holy cow - that's a sizeable field of competitors you had to cut through!

impressive!

you must have been knocking that tree pretty hard, and shifting that thing like a machine to mow through the rounds like that... great stuff!
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Dan,

Congrats, man! Nice job!

Any word on how Bruce Kamada is doing? I got an email the other day saying he was in a NASTY accident along with his wife.

Ron
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Congratulations Dan - good deal !
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

congrads,,
                  man , I miss w ends like that..

Comment

Thank guys! The car has a 700r4 in it and it shifts itself at 6200 everytime, there's no way I'd ever be that consistent. Average light for the weekend was .048 for 20 plus runs, I finally found the sweetspot to stage the car at. My worst light of the weekend was .107 and that was in the final round go figure. I dialed a 12.34 and ran a 12.34 w/a 2 and still lost!!!

Ron,

Bruce and his wife were headed home at night on highway 66 and hit a cow in the middle of the road. He had to have back surgery due to the injuries, but is up and about although he is still in hospital. He was watching the races all weekend via LiveTiming from the hospital. I'm pretty sure his wife was treated and released (maybe stayed overnight) and is doing good.

Comment

You got the Camaro into the 12's? Wow,you must've done some tuning and gear swapping, huh?
                      Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

What fluid do you run in your 700r4?

do you have a big cooler on it?

do you run an electric fan that moves air over the rad and atf cooler?

I'm getting an AOD done up for the ranger - and I'm thinking about running an externally mounted spin on filter, cooler, and electric fan.... but there's nothing better than experience to know if that's a good idea or not!

6200 every time - that's a well built trans!
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by cantvalve16
                          You got the Camaro into the 12's? Wow,you must've done some tuning and gear swapping, huh?
                          No the camaro is in the low/mid 14s....thats Momma's ride, I race my chevelle and thats what it runs on the motor.

Milner, as for the 700, I run a the biggest cooler my trans guy carries (its about 1/2 the size of my radiator) and the fluid DOES NOT go thru the radiator. I run off the shelf valvoline atf and I change it in the spring and half way thru the season. Looked so good last time i changed it that i used it to service the trans on my truck....seriously! I run a mechanical fan with dual 12" electrics for between round cooling. My trans guy knows the 700....the trade off with it shifting automatically at 6200 is when on the street just lugging it, it dam near chirps the tires everytime it shifts which is 3500-3700 rpm.

Comment

I had an awesome weekend too (where is the twisted evil smile smiley when you need it)

I wish my Eagle ran in the 14s, I did find out that I could have been faster at the strip if I checked my tire pressure, I had ZERO according to my old shops guage, I inflated them to 36psi
                            Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Nice going,Dan ;)! ~J/W-006.

Comment

Working...
                              X