Paging Dan Stokes (Loren too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russell View Post
    #4lug4ife! Lol my car went 1.48' 60' there maybe a slight twist to the lugs. Maybe I should switch them left to right see if I can straighten them out?

I assume it's the tire shake / wheel hop that hurts them. Can't be the 5000+ RPM clutch drops with 3-4# of boost

​​​​
    I think even if you put 300+ hp into these lite cars or a fox body, the normal street tires of the time was the weak link.
    Today with summer only sticky picks up every pebble on the road tires when warm, maybe 4 lugs become a problem.
    Thats when you get out the drill and drill the flange for 5.

Comment

Originally posted by 2020 mustang View Post

I think even if you put 300+ hp into these lite cars or a fox body, the normal street tires of the time was the weak link.
      Today with summer only sticky picks up every pebble on the road tires when warm, maybe 4 lugs become a problem.
      Thats when you get out the drill and drill the flange for 5.
      I have way to many 4 lug wheels to switch to 5 lug. I have regular 225 tires for street duty. They will hop sometime when they spin. They seem to spin pretty easy. Give it some gas, turbo lag, boost, tires spin. The 28x9 MT hold pretty good on a prepped track!
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

I have ARP studs all the way around on mine so I ain't skeered!

Comment

well, after extensive investigation, it appears the wheel will go right back on - so no harm no foul.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post

I have way to many 4 lug wheels to switch to 5 lug. I have regular 225 tires for street duty. They will hop sometime when they spin. They seem to spin pretty easy. Give it some gas, turbo lag, boost, tires spin. The 28x9 MT hold pretty good on a prepped track!
            Ya, I was shocked at just how soft the oem tires are on my '20 hhp. They pick up every pebble just like the '90's drag radials.

Comment

Working...
            X