Pin Ball Wizard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Ball Wizard...

So one of my Scooter buddies acquired a Early 60's Williams PinBall Machine with the Title "Gran Prix"...

I went over today and we fired it up for the first time in Years and years.... it was Incredibly Way Way Badder Asser...

We had to go inside and make several of the bits and pieces move again after they'd basically siezed up.... nothing fancy other then some Light oils and that sort of thing... mostly just working the bits and mechanisms...

What a Damn Blast... and I'll state here for the record that I whooped his ass.... ( Willie might clarify what it took to make that statement... but there ya go )...

What fun.... seriously... and man some of that early electro-mechanical wizardry is just fascinating...

K ( I absolutely must own one of these of my own... that simple... MUST have one )

Re: Pin Ball Wizard...

I love pinball, especialy the old machines, one of the things that I want to own in my life.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

My son Steven got an early 70s Gottlieb Outer Space a couple months ago...he's been having a lot of fun fixing it and playing it.

I stopped by the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas on my way back from Bonneville....they have a bunch of old ElectroMechanical pinballs there, they even have a Royal Flush, like mine

look on craigslist for your area....just search "pinball", see what pops up.

There is a pinball database you can learn about different machines

IPD IPDB Internet Pinball Machine Database Game Williams Bally Midway Data East Sega Capcom Stern Premier Silverball Zaccaria Electro-mechanical Electromechanical EM Solid-State SS ROM Lawlor Twilight Zone Addams Family Cirqus Voltaire Creature Black Lagoon Amusement Coin Flipper Coin-op WMS Search

note that anything made after about 1976 will be electronic (computerized)...not nearly as easy to fix for us old gearheads...

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I want an old electromechanical ones, the old laundrymat by my house growing up had one of unknow vinatage but it was made of wood, had a wood finish, I want to say it Flash Gordon, man was it cool....I dumped a ton of DIMES into that bad boy....yeah...I said dimes....
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

wood rail machines were made up to the late 50s. Many had 5 balls, you push in a button to move the next ball up to the shooter to play it. Not quite like the 1980s multiball

My fabulous web page

Comment

I have a Gottlieb Sky Jump from 1974. It's great! Makes me want to go upstairs and play!! The old ones have more character to them in my opinion but all pinballs are fun.

Comment

I wish my computer was working better... I'd show you guys this thing in action.... but alas.. IE SUCKS...

Comment

"How do you think He does it,{I don't know...},What makes Him sooo good?" ;D ~The Who. ~J/W.

Comment

I saw one the other day it had ron and nancy regan on a freaky
                  looking roller coaster I would have played it but something else got
                  my attn. and I just remembered it now :P
                  COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Man Turk........I was listening to some old
                    do wop tonite and it brings back those
                    memories of playin pinball machines in the
                    late '50s

Remember trying to get enough points
                    to get a free game.....or if you didn't, when
                    the game was over you had a chance of matching
                    a random number to the last number of your score
                    to get a free game.

We usually played them in the back room of the
                    local tavern.

It'd be cool to have one in the hobby room.
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk

Remember trying to get enough points
                      to get a free game.....or if you didn't, when
                      the game was over you had a chance of matching
                      a random number to the last number of your score
                      to get a free game.

LOL, the flash gordon one I mentione earlier had that, man I forgot until you mentioned it

Comment

Hobby room? You mean living room right? :D

I've got a Bally Midway's pinball-machine at home. "Motoracer" it's called.
                        I actually should have it at in my garage, but space is kinda limited there. Wonder why...
                        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I love the older ones I played as a kid, with the spinning wheel scoreboards (no electronic numeric displays).
                          .. usually get carried away and TILT !!
                          ;D

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                            I love the older ones I played as a kid, with the spinning wheel scoreboards (no electronic numeric displays).
                            .. usually get carried away and TILT !!
                            ;D
                            Man...that damn tilt mechanism!!
                            ;D

We used try and put the front legs of machine on
                            our toes before putting in our nickel..sometimes it
                            worked and you could rack up the free games

Everyone had their own technique when they would
                            pull back the plunger and put the ball in play

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

newer games have a ball on a ramp that contacts a switch, if you pick up the front it TILTs

My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X