• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rare one.Gmc Jimmy 1970 2wd

Re: A rare one.Gmc Jimmy 1970 2wd

security guard car

Comment

That's a rare bird over here, I can't imagine there being more then a handful over there. By the way, what does that price come to in U.S. dollars?

Nik

Comment

cool!!!
        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Landlord has a Green & White(Roof)one. 350(Q-Jet...)/TH-350(Column-shift...),plain 5-lug Wheels(painted White...),painted White Bumpers,Radio-Delete,Manual-Steering,ect. the Man's had it for well over 30 years yet He's rarely ever used the thing....it just sits inside one of His Warehouses. Over the years,I'm SURE He & His Brother's have had others they've scrapped,but they somehow went 'an saved that one,not a spot of rust anyware. ~J/W-OO6.

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
            Landlord has a Green & White(Roof)one. 350(Q-Jet...)/TH-350(Column-shift...),plain 5-lug Wheels(painted White...),painted White Bumpers,Radio-Delete,Manual-Steering,ect. the Man's had it for well over 30 years yet He's rarely ever used the thing....it just sits inside one of His Warehouses. Over the years,I'm SURE He & His Brother's have had others they've scrapped,but they somehow went 'an saved that one,not a spot of rust anyware. ~J/W-OO6.

And where does said landlord live? ;D

Nik

Comment

That is a rare one. Looks nice. I love my 2 wheel drive blazer.

Comment

Sorry,Nik,ya can't have it ;D,He won't let it go for all the Tea in China. Although that GMC IS a rare find,even RARER is His 4(yes,FOUR...)'69-'70 Chevy Longhornes. Yep,four '69-'70 Chevy 396(Q-Jet...)TH-400 12-bolted Longhornes,PLUS many other Trucks(none of which will ever see the light of day again :P :...). Right now,His current "Daily Truck Driver" is a beat up,'56 Studebaker Transtar. It's got a 2-/tone Paint job(Blue at the front,White at the back,it also has a White painted Grill/Headlight Bezels & front Bumper.....the guy'z call 'Him' "Paleface"...)and the then rare V8(224.3ci./160bhp. ...). It has the optional 4-Barrel,which makes the 'Paleface' that bit more rarer. Jack says that 1956 was the first year for both the 'Transtar' name as well as the V8 Engine in this Truck. Jack's had 'The Paleface' since 1965 when 'He' was just a 9 year old ;D,so getting rid of 'Him' is not an option ;D! ~J/W-006.

Comment

Allt funkar perfekt
                  Well theres that "F- word" again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry,Nik,ya can't have it ;D,He won't let it go for all the Tea in China. Although that GMC IS a rare find,even RARER is His 4(yes,FOUR...)'69-'70 Chevy Longhornes. Yep,four '69-'70 Chevy 396(Q-Jet...)TH-400 12-bolted Longhornes,PLUS many other Trucks(none of which will ever see the light of day again :P :...). Right now,His current "Daily Truck Driver" is a beat up,'56 Studebaker Transtar. It's got a 2-/tone Paint job(Blue at the front,White at the back,it also has a White painted Grill/Headlight Bezels & front Bumper.....the guy'z call 'Him' "Paleface"...)and the then rare V8(224.3ci./160bhp. ...). It has the optional 4-Barrel,which makes the 'Paleface' that bit more rarer. Jack says that 1956 was the first year for both the 'Transtar' name as well as the V8 Engine in this Truck. Jack's had 'The Paleface' since 1965 when 'He' was just a 9 year old ;D,so getting rid of 'Him' is not an option ;D! ~J/W-006.
                    I figured it out...........JW is Jay Leno's wife....and the "landlord" is Jay...... :

Seth
                    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                      I figured it out...........JW is Jay Leno's wife....and the "landlord" is Jay...... :

Seth
                      The rarest thing in JW's collection is a camera. :
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I've seen alot of the 2wd Blazers, most of those had been used by the railroad,surveyors or a utility company. My parents had a 74 with a 250 6 cyl,3 spd on the column,a factory roll bar and a fiberglass liftoff top.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik
                          That's a rare bird over here, I can't imagine there being more then a handful over there. By the way, what does that price come to in U.S. dollars?

Nik
                          In US $,around 20000$.It must be very rare.The ad says 985 produced by GM in 1970,and of those 15-20% where GMC.So here is one of 150-200 produced.

In 92 or so,a friend had a 75 Blazer4x4..and it was very rusty..verry..

So we got a 77 2WD Blazer,and had the 4x4 frame swapped under the 2WD body.And i must tell ya all..i was the father of that project..

Will i survive ;D.

A 77 2wd isnt that rare,but today it would have been a cool ride.

Comment

Yes rare one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmc View Post
                              Yes rare one.
                              Welcome! It's fun to have non-North Americans on board. Please tell us more.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X