Summer Vacation Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Vacation Plans

I overheard my wife last night talking on the phone to her sister - "No we are not going to the beach this year..............We are spending a week in Utah ............. No we are going to BONNEVILLE" GOD I LOVE THIS WOMAN! We did not even have the discussion about scheduling vacation yet.

Re: Summer Vacation Plans

Iam also going to bonneville for the first time this year with the wife. even though some friends are trying to talk us into "hot august nights " instead. hope meet some of the car junkies while we are there! Doug
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

So far all I've got planned is the eight day cluster fu*k called power tour.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Going to St. Paul to see the grandkids (have I mentioned that they're the greatest?). Will have burgers at a place called "The Nook" - supposed to be great. Then to Ann Arbor to see old friends. Burgers at Crazy Jim's Blimpy Burgers. Notice a theme here? Five trips to Maxton to hopefully go fast and not blow anything up. Hopefully. Don't know of any special burger joints in Laurinburg. Other than that - who knows?

Dan

Comment

I'll be at Speed Week in B'ville and am looking forward to meeting you guys and your wives.

Originally posted by DanStokes
          .......Then to Ann Arbor to see old friends.

Dan
          Let me know when you'll be in town and we can do burgers at the Sidetrack.

Comment

Hmmm Guess I'll go to Bonneville... what do you guys think?

Hmmm

K

Comment

I'll be at the Studebaker Drivers Club International Meet in Lancaster, PA in September (when you're retired its an Endless Summer ;D).
              Weekend trips no and then, nothing else big. Another Bonneville visit may have to wait until next year.

Comment

HOT ROD POWER TOUR!!
                Originally posted by Orange95Z
                So far all I've got planned is the eight day cluster fu*k called power tour.
                Ill be there with Orange95Z Fighting the traffic jams and wondering why we have to park in the pasture while all the other longhaulers are sitting by the venders area??? ;D man it HAS to be fun why else are we going? DOH! :o nevermind the wifes not going thats why :'( ;) ;D ;D ;D
                Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Hmmmm, lets see,May 19th starts a ten day trip to the Virgin islands, island hopping on a 55ft catamaran,,, then the powertour, then a cruise to the western Caribbean, ahh a week of surfing down in the outer banks, COME ON SUMMER TIME
                  Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                    Hmmm Guess I'll go to Bonneville... what do you guys think?

Hmmm

K
                    Not a bad idea.......might stop by for 5-7 days.......might drive something.....might drink corrona (sp) with DF.....diet coke with Turk...... What do you think???

Comment

We'll be there some time in May. When ME (Mary Ellen) tells me what I'm doing, I'll let you know more specifically. (She's NOT dictatorial, just the only one in the family that knows what's going on). I'd love to hook up. Maybe Crazy Jim's Blimpy Burger? You know their motto - "Cheaper than food".

Dan

Originally posted by HotRodLadyCrusr
                      I'll be at Speed Week in B'ville and am looking forward to meeting you guys and your wives.

Originally posted by DanStokes
                      .......Then to Ann Arbor to see old friends.

Dan
                      Let me know when you'll be in town and we can do burgers at the Sidetrack.

Comment

I am going to BilletProof Detroit, The HAMB Cinematic, and the HAMB Drags...so far.

Comment

I'll be going to Ocean City MD for my vacation. That's only for a few days though. Plenty of car scouting and junkyards along the way.
                          The events I plan to go to are Spring Carlisle, The Syracuse Nationals, Hemmings Musclepalooza, Nostalgia Drags at Atco NJ and Fun Ford Weekend at Epping NH. These are all events I can take off from work and not use up alot of my time at once.

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
                            Hmmmm, lets see,May 19th starts a ten day trip to the Virgin islands, island hopping on a 55ft catamaran,,, then the powertour, then a cruise to the western Caribbean, ahh a week of surfing down in the outer banks, COME ON SUMMER TIME
                            I would say I hate you Fred, but the Caribbean cruise is with Brent. Okay nevermind I hate you. I'll see you at the Atl airport in 10 days for a little trip to Burbank 8).
                            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Check me off for Bonneville as well... Will be driving the camaro...I H8 corona, but will drink a high life while everyone else drinks a corona. I'll pass on the diet coke, that shit is nasty. I think it may be a good idea to try to break a couple or six records while there. lol ;D i heard there was a record for most pieces of piston you could dump onto the salt in a single pass

Comment

Working...
                              X