Is August Over Yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is August Over Yet

Some people do not frequent other Forums so i thought i would tell you all about a couple life altering things for me right now...sunday August 2nd we had a pitch in as a celebration of our mission trip...that night when i got home i was particularly tired so i headed up our back carpeted staircase to take a shower...i was almost to the top when i missed a step and came down unevenly on my left ankle which buckled badly...i slid down a couple steps and looked down at my foot and it was facing sqaurely towards my right one with the bottom completely folded to the inside...the pain was excrutiating but i managed to fold it back down with a big crunch and my son loaded me up and we headed to the emergency room...when we arrived at our local hospital it was obvious it was a busy night but i couln't put an ounce of weight on it so we went in...the service was less then stellar...in fact i don't think the ER doctor actually ever looked at my foot...she sent me for x-rays and came in later and said its not broken so we are goiing to wrap it in an ACE bandage and send you home...i told her it didnt act like previous sprains i'd had but she just gave me the drugs and sent me on my way...so i tried to work through it at home on crutches until tuesday when it became obvious it wasn't getting any better and had swollen up top to bottom inside and out...so i had my wife call our family doctor only to discover he was on vacation...so i got the doc taking his calls...he looked at it and was not impressed...he said it has torn ligiments all over and he gave me a brace (which i couln't wear because the ankle was to swollen to tighten it up)...so back home i go to be in misery popping Percocets and icing and elevating....friday night came the real problem...i thought i had become pretty nifty with those crutches you see...so about 9:00 i decided to sneak down and see what my wife was doing in the kitchen...as soon as i hit the second step on that back staircase i lost it...i remember very little after that...i tumbled down the narrow staircase head first and when i hit bottom all i remember is extreme pain coming from my right arm...i was on my back and i rolled up and took a peak only to see my arm make a crazy twist and bend right at the mid point of my bicep...my elbow was now facing me....my wife was screaming...my daughter was crying and gagging...and my son and one of his friends was in my face telling me to hold perrfectly still...i remember my wife shouting on the phone and the wale of sirens before i started getting tremors, cold and blacking out...when i woke back up they were raising me up on a backboard and loading me in the ambulance...i was taken back to our local hospital to be stabilized then transported to Indy where i had surgery on saturday on my right humurous...they installed a plate and screws because the break was to severe to trust to heal on its own...they also cast my ankle...the ortho surgeon said the only thing holding my foot on was the skin and it was never going to heal unless it was immobilized...so thats my story...sad but true i won't be working on or driving the Machine for awhile...the arm scares me because i guess the muscle was a mess when they opened it up...hopefully it will all come back ok....I go back to work for the first time in a month monday...I am going to be pinned to a desk which is not my normal line of work...but I guess its better then nothing...money got real tight for me since my wife missed a bunch of work...plus the bills are already rolling in...hope my insurance covers them pretty well

Re: Is August Over Yet

Wow.....I am so sorry. With as much as you do for others I hope it is returned. Please let us know if you need anything.

Hope you feel better and heal fast.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Some of the guys on the AMC Forum popped some cash into my Paypal...man that sure was a blessing...Rob

Comment

Best Positive Energy (my form of prayer, I guess). And for Pete's sake stay off those back stairs!

Dan

Comment

Prayin' for you.

Gene
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

You know, I felt bad for ya reading the other thread first.....but my god, this is MUCH worse!

Prayers sent........and follow Dan's advice, stay the hell off of those stairs!

Comment

Man, Rebel, I don't know what to say to that. I thought the mtor in pieces was bad enough but this sucks. Hang in there and get better, the car will wait.

Comment

Thought of one of these. That hurt ME to read that.Hang in there and stay off the stairs

Comment

I hate to hear this, bud!! You're in my prayers for a quick recovery.
                  President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Too bad for you and your family,and hopefully you recover fast.

Comment

I hate to post this but if anyone has any extra scratch they want to donate my Paypal is [email protected] Thins are going to be real tight for me for awhile as my pay will be reduced because I can't really do MY job when I return to work monday

Comment

I was told my Paypal link didn't work...you may have to hand type it in instead of copy and pasting... it's [email protected]

Comment

You and your family are certainly in my prayers. Take it easy and don't push things too quickly.

When things get all better and the finances straighten out may an elevator should be in the cards, those stairs just don't seem to like you much.

Comment

Actually I think the carpet is the biggest problem...and also the narrowness...the house was built in 1885 and they are very steep...it is not the primary staircase I have a big spiral in the front...I am using it now

Comment

Man, Rebel, you are just about as messed up as your engine. Get better buddy, and avoid those old 19th century, steep ass stair cases.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X