X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Rat Rods"

Originally posted by Henry
    Originally posted by std
    How can you not like that? It's cool even before the fire.
    Its not shiny enough, or expensive enough and doesn't add length to your "member" like a expensive sports car can.
    I think that expensive sports cars only make your"member" longer in your head.
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I think that there are traditional style hot rods and ratrods. Radrods are about shock value.

Here was my unfinished hotrod I sold about a month ago. All I know is that when I took it to a car show, people where all around it all the time and the only bad word I ever heard about it was from some old fart with a tupperware duece who never had anything good to say about anyone elses car.

Comment

Originally posted by std
        Originally posted by Henry
        Originally posted by std
        How can you not like that? It's cool even before the fire.
        Its not shiny enough, or expensive enough and doesn't add length to your "member" like a expensive sports car can.
        I think that expensive sports cars only make your"member" longer in your head.
        STD - you don't get it. When they stand there looking at their shinny sports car - they are pulling on their "member" and therefore it does look longer to them.

Comment

I'm thinking some people need some girly mags. lol
          Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I like some of the Cars, but, they do ned to be safe. Went to a Car Show the other day and saw a few that looked pretty cheesy, A couple of them were trying to get a bit to cheap. You can make things look old without sacrificing safety.

I built a 29 Ford 2 Dr Sedan, that was Chopped, Channeled, Sectioned, and lowered over the Frame Rails 3 inches. We raised the Fender wells a bit to. It wound out being a bit over waiste high, and my Buddy could look out the top of the car when driving. Funny as Hell seeing that. We put new brakes on it and all the go stuff was new inside, We even found away to sim the weathered look with paint. You would swear it was rusted. If we would have painted the Car a solid color it would have looked new. Point is: It was safe.

Comment

I like to visit the basement at Detroit's Autorama. They put the Rat Rods downstairs with the import tuner cars and bicycles. I'm easy, I like to look at anything involving cars, motorcycles, go-karts, trains, boats and aircraft. As long as there's a little ingenuity
              involved, it sparks the imagination. Here's what they had downstairs last year.
              Mike TPG

Comment

A few more Rats!
                Mike TPG

Comment

Just a little montage of some of the kool stuff they had in the basement of Cobo Hall at the 2006 Detroit Autorama. Music by Pete Yorko and the One Man Music...

Hot Rods in the Basement

Comment

Nice video, I'm looking forward to seeing what they have this year.
                    Mike TPG

Comment

There is a very cut and dried formula to building a traditional hot rod that is a crowd pleaser. 32 rails, A crossmembers, split bones, 32 grill, 30 -32 body, chopped or channeled or both, old v 8 with multiple carbs, I could go on but you guys already know.
                      Just about every car in this thread is ugly, EXCEPT for the ones that stuck to the above formula. Rat rods are out big time in the circles I run with.

Comment

Ill be building one as soon as I get this race car stuff finished up. Going to be a 1920s 4 door sedan with a turbo straight 8. Can you say way looonnngggg!!!!

Comment

Here is a period (1959) correct rat rod, if I remember correctly my dad used a pipe wrench to steer with until he found the "right steering wheel".

Comment

Originally posted by Mike The Photo Guy
                            Nice video, I'm looking forward to seeing what they have this year.
                            Mike TPG

Nice pics man. There are some sweet rods there.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I like a well built car...one thats safe and solid and put together with good parts...the street sign floors and soda can velocity stacks and bullet holes I could do without....

Comment

I really like that hemi powered two door sedan with gull wing style entrance.

Great pics, Thanks.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X