Just Picked Up Some New Garage Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Picked Up Some New Garage Equipment

Andy had this 1964 Coke Machine in his basement that we would use when working on cars in his basement, you know to keep our "Soda" cold. I decided that I needed one. Not in bad shape It was on the second floor of a Church.
    Did'nt know if it worked, but got lucky it worked.

Its mid '60's Selcetivend 135( means its hold 135 bottles)
    Original Carjunkie TV Member

Re: Just Picked Up Some New Garage Equipment

My first reaction. = Oooooooo, niiicccce.

Comment

if I had your money , I would burn mine

Comment

You won't get rich at those prices - looks like $0.40/bottle. Neat machine, though.

Dan

Comment

We have them set up for .10 cents

We hauled them to friends house for a huge party he throws every summer. They were a hit. That's where these pics were taken. I bought the Coke machine about 8-9 years ago because it's like the one my grandfather had in his garage. I remember as a kid getting orange sodas from it and the occasional Clark or Zagnut bar from the machine next to it.

Comment

Damn it !!
            Now I gotta have one of those too ....
            :-\

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
              Damn it !!
              Now I gotta have one of those too ....
              :-\
              They're all over Craigslist. They seem to be pretty simple and rugged, most still work fine unless it has suffered major damage. Greg's Canada Dry machine was in unknown condition on ebay for $96.00. Of course it cost $150 in gas to go get it. My Coke machine was bought at the Hemmings Motor News show where it was set up and actually working. I think I paid $200 for it. I've seen them in better shape than mine, but untested for $150-200. Like anything that says Coke on it, they are are a little more expensive than a comparable machine.

It's fun putting a dime in, opening the door, pulling out a beer and then popping the cap off on the opener. ;D

Go get yourself one!

Comment

Heck, I like the Canada Dry machine ... everyone has a Coke machine !!
                :D

Comment

A friend of mine has a basement full of this kind of stuff - mostly freedom oil stuff - he grew up in Freedom PA....
                  I can't believe the prices he's paid for some of it... but - someday soon he's going to have a nice big polebarn to display all this stuff in - he's having it built this fall - complete with an overhang and "pump island" for a couple of his old lighted globe pumps.

I would love an old pop machine - but - I need a mill and a lathe first! ;D
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

you can get carriedaway with this stuff in a hurry. I used to have a '50s cigarette machine, but it was too heavy and I finally got tired of working around it.

I'll have to post some pics of my '59 Motorola TV set.

Comment

Working...
                    X