No announcement yet.

What do you guys do with your old mags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you guys do with your old mags?

Originally posted by Pumpkin
    Originally posted by BluLightning
    Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
    Originally posted by Steve67
    I have boxes full of mags from the late 70's to current and i have been thinking lately what do i do with all these mags
    Last June on PT in Ft. Atkinson, WI. a bunch of people donated them to a National Guard fundraiser for care packages going overseas. I thought that was a great idea - no newstands over there for motor heads. As soon as I'm done with mine (Hot Rod and Classic Truck are the only 2 I get) I drop them on the dispatchers desk for the drivers to read.
    Sent all my oldies to the troops in June too.
    Me too.
    and the pancakes were good too !!!!!!!
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
      Originally posted by BluLightning
      Originally posted by Steve67
      I have boxes full of mags from the late 70's to current and i have been thinking lately what do i do with all these mags
      Last June on PT in Ft. Atkinson, WI. a bunch of people donated them to a National Guard fundraiser for care packages going overseas. I thought that was a great idea - no newstands over there for motor heads. As soon as I'm done with mine (Hot Rod and Classic Truck are the only 2 I get) I drop them on the dispatchers desk for the drivers to read.
      Sent all my oldies to the troops in June too.
      Me too.
      and the pancakes were good too !!!!!!!
      Just about everything was good about that event.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I have two other closets just like this....i need help. The recyclers around here won't take them.
        Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I need to do something like Rebeldryver does with his magazines, that's a great idea, the later ones from the last several years anyway. I'll keep the old ones from the 50's 60's and 70's though, too many memories there. I can go out to the garage looking for an old car or article and it'll be a few hours before I return to reality. I don't have as many as some guys but probably three to four hundred total.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496

I have two other closets just like this....i need help. The recyclers around here won't take them.
            I see a few boxes I can "help" you with :D

Comment

Originally posted by Memphis
              Originally posted by oldsman496

I see a few boxes I can "help" you with :D
              They weigh about 82lbs each. Shipping costs are prohibitive.
              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I give them to my son. And he wall papers his room with the pictures of the cars. It's pretty cool because he constantly up dates his room, and I don't have to paint it.

Comment

Working...
                X