Labor Day Weekend...whatcha doin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Day Weekend...whatcha doin?

Wife and kids just left for family reunions in SE KY....when she starts going to my family functions, I'll start going to hers again.

All alone til at least Sunday Night....heheheheheh..... ;D

Fixing to go up to SJ's shop and pick up my (new to me) Butler seat for the Z--mobile........not certain what I'm doing after that.

There's a group of hooligans in town holding some kind of speed contest, I may have to go by and check it out...supposed to be a big deal....LMAO(US Nats).

How about the rest of ya?

Re: Labor Day Weekend...whatcha doin?

Tonight: Putting a tune up on the go kart my father in law bought for my my wife's youngest sister.

Tomorrow: Cookout with college friends

Sunday: Covering a car show and then thrashing the go kart!

Sprinkle beer liberally over all of that stuff.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Neighbors having a Happy Hour / Pool Party tonight -probably 40-50 people most on scooters.
      Mow and some touch up painting on windows and trim (every damn year it seems) tomorrow then off to the pub for pay per view of opening Husker game tomorrow evening - games are big events around here for football season.
      Wash cars and trucks Sunday and kids (they're in their late 30's) coming up for Crablegs and steak in the p.m. - usually involves 3-4 bottles of cheap champagne and they stay the night and we all go to breakfast in the morning.
      Monday - cruising in the 70 to Labor Day Festival and car show (walk thru) down by the river and then cruising some more - destination unknown. Eveyone have a safe and happy holiday !!
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Hopefully getting the newish motor ready for installation and installation of the new cam (which won't be here 'till Wednesday or so). The main thing is to fit the new manifold and headers with the engine out and make sure I can get everything to tighten up and not leak.

Maybe take ME and Beaux the Wonder Dog for a stroll on the beach - they both LOVE that. Had company for dinner last night, but no other socializing planned.

I second that everyone has a safe and happy celebration.

Dan

Comment

tonight--rest up
          tomorrow--nascar truck race @ iowa speedway (starts and 8:45 pm) 3 hr drive home after
          sunday-- car show
          monday-- car show

on vaca the rest of the week so i will sleep on tuesday. ;D ;D

Comment

Tonight
            Peen my valve cover and wrench on some other random stuff.
            Tomorrow
            Civil Air Patrol Practice Search and Rescue
            Sunday
            I might actually show up at church, something which I don't do much anymore
            Monday
            Maybe go on a long bike ride if my friend is up to it.

Comment

Saturday: NE Georgia Swap Meet
              Sunday: Drive Invasion/Dixie Fried Carshow in Atlanta
              Monday: maybe spend some time on The Watch Maker (the 3,000 pound 1959 Cincinnati lathe currently sitting slap in the middle of my garage, waiting to have the clean-up finished, and currently standing between Mugsy The Duster and a rotisserie).

-Brad

Comment

Originally posted by IOWA552SLOW
                tonight--rest up
                tomorrow--nascar truck race @ iowa speedway (starts and 8:45 pm) 3 hr drive home after
                sunday-- car show
                monday-- car show

on vaca the rest of the week so i will sleep on tuesday. ;D ;D
                Are you going to the one's at the Quest Center ? If so which car and color - I will try to stop and say hi.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Tonight -Mow the last acre of grass I didn't get done yesterday due to wrenching in someone elses garage . Then haul a hood over to Vortec RS so he doesn't have to drive around with the hings sticking up connected to nothing.
                  Sat- wrench on the GTA
                  Sunday- Church followed by the US Nationals with VortecRS and his brother( just don't tell him there aren't any skate boarding going on till he gets there !) Should be there by 1:15 may get there in time for the free food the campany is handing out ! If not well the free tickets and the parking pass will do !

Comment

[/quote]
                    Are you going to the one's at the Quest Center ? If so which car and color - I will try to stop and say hi.

[/quote]

Afraid not, two small local shows, Storm Lake IA and Sheldon IA, NW iowa
                    sheldon is celebrating their celebration days, usually around 150 to 200 cars.
                    sl averages maybe 65 to 70, local show by the lake.

Comment

Tonight - Cruise night in Wellsville - Burnout contest at 8 pm.
                      Sat. - Drag racing at KCIR Vamp series
                      Sat night - Greasearama at Boulevard Drive-in
                      Sun - Church and Good guys at Kansas Speedway
                      Mon - Cook out
                      Tues - Back to work for some rest!

Comment

Today: Garage cleanout, lots of time shipping stuff and documents to the ex, helping roommate go to Cali for a month, general laziness

Saturday: Garage Cleanout II, to include my storage shed. House cleaning afterwards.

Sunday: Unknown as of yet, maybe to Maple Valley to prep for engine rebuild

Monday: Completely unknown.
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

No real plans as of yet other than consuming lots of beer :P.

Originally posted by Brad54
                          Saturday: NE Georgia Swap Meet
                          Sunday: Drive Invasion/Dixie Fried Carshow in Atlanta

-Brad
                          Brad where are these events located?
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

tonight, still undecided, have envite to go to a drinking fest, but depends on the wife getting home in time from work.

tomorrow, party with lots of food and beer, with professionals handling the fireworks. Will not have any accidents involving alcohol and fireworks.

sunday, hopefully fishing if the weather holds out.

monday, probably some sort of manual labor.
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X