Labor Day Weekend...whatcha doin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Labor Day Weekend...whatcha doin?

SOMEBODIE'S a HAPPY CHAPPIE ;D :D 8)!! ~J/W.

Comment

Saturday - finished thrashing on the neighbors ranger
      (long story - we're trading work he's doing on our house for a ranger I'm fixing up for him - so he can get back to work)

Saturday after about 4pm Rhonda and I chilled out, now that she's starting to show - she's slowing down more, which is nice, we had a bonfire and had some friends over - the neighbor (ranger guy) got out his acoustic for the first time and played some tunes - it was great.

Sunday - played drums in the praise band at church, then went out on the lake - got the ski boat out on the water - and got up for the first time on my new to me VTX ski with twin full wrap bindings - my old ski is a starter with a toe wrap for the back foot.... night and day difference - it was tough getting up on the new one.... I'm out of shape and really not liking it!

This morning we slept in, then walked the dog, then --- ugh --- Rhonda drug me out shopping - registered for baby junk at target, then grocery shopping, then I mowed the lawn, then vacuumed while she made dinner - now - relaxing with a jack and ginger -- trying to forget that I have to go back to work tomorrow!

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I fixed the torched piston in my friend's 377. Got lucky, the bore was OK after I got the aluminum off it and did a quickie ball hone on it. The replacement piston was even close in weight, only had to take 2 grams off it. 8)

Now I'm going to sit down and watch a movie with the wife and try not to think about having to go back to work tomorrow. :'(

Comment

Originally posted by IOWA552SLOW

Are you going to the one's at the Quest Center ? If so which car and color - I will try to stop and say hi.

[/quote]

Afraid not, two small local shows, Storm Lake IA and Sheldon IA, NW iowa
          sheldon is celebrating their celebration days, usually around 150 to 200 cars.
          sl averages maybe 65 to 70, local show by the lake.
          [/quote] I missed your message until just now anyway (computer at work only) but I didn't make it after all. Too many honey-do's around the house and unexpected company magnified that list too. We'll meet up one of these days -
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

It was a good weekend, got the dent in the '71 GMC almost finished. At least there's a body line there again. ;)

A little more to do today, and then I have to hit up my '99 Camaro's A/C, should get the condenser today.

Comment

Working...
            X